Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My first grandchild - baby Rainn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-first-grandchild-baby-rainn-t147412.html)

Sherryquilts 08-23-2011 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a photo of my first grandchild - his name is Rainn Michael and was born 4 weeks ago today. He weighed 1 pound 4 ounces when he was born - at 27 weeks 3 days and has been a pretty tough little guy so far. He has now gained about 7 ounces, which doesn't sound like much, but it IS over 33% of his starting weight! He has a long way to go in the NICU, probably 2 more months, but he will be able to get more and more nutrition now that he is a little older. He has a CPAP - the apparatus on his face - but they are weaning him off of that eventually.

Now - hopefully, I will be able to load the photo.....

Baby Rainn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]246036[/ATTACH]

Rose L 08-23-2011 06:28 PM

Oh, he is so beautiful! God bless him.

auntpiggylpn 08-23-2011 06:28 PM

Absolutely precious!!! What an amazing little guy! Congrats to you and to mom and dad!

Lisa T 08-23-2011 06:32 PM

Ohhhhhh... that beautiful precious boy! I can just see his little button nose under there. So tiny- have you been able to hold him yet? Congrats to you and your family- and prayers for his rapid growth so he can come HOME!

I have a friend at church with a beautiful, straight As, spunky as all get out 12 year old. She was born early like little Rainn. I think she weighed under 2 pounds as well. They had a rough time in the beginning, and she had a lot of ear infections and stuff her first couple years, but she is an amazing girl now! And tall for her age too!

SherriB 08-23-2011 06:37 PM

Oh my, he is so tiny and precious!!!!!! Prayers are coming his way to keep him strong and growing!!

My son-in-law's first cousin and wife little girl was born extremely early also. I think she also weighed just over a pound. Now she is an adorable, talkative little 2 year old. You would never know she was a tiny preemie.

abonda 08-23-2011 06:37 PM

what a miricle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOd is Good

jean1941 08-23-2011 06:48 PM

Beautiful baby boy, my nephew was born 22 years ago and weighed 3 11 but today he is 6' 3" and weighs about 250 and a wonderful young man. Prays are with the little sweetheart.

Nanamoms 08-23-2011 06:59 PM

What a sweetheart and so glad yall are getting the physical contact with him. My sister is a NICU nurse and she has had babies that fit in the palm of her hand and they thrive. God is unbelievable!!

spartan quilter 08-23-2011 07:00 PM

Prayers are going out for this beautiful little boy. I had granddaughters born 7 weeks early, 18 years ago, and lucky for them, they weighed in at 4 1/2# each. They spent 6 weeks in NICU, and to look at them now, you would never believe they were preemies. They are both close to 6 ft tall, and are doing just fine. The miracles of modern medicine and the power of prayer will take care of him.

wolfkitty 08-23-2011 07:35 PM

Amazing! Glad he is doing well! Prayers for him to continue improving!