Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My sewing room is being taken over by teenagers!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-sewing-room-being-taken-over-teenagers-t133100.html)

pipp5 06-25-2011 01:07 PM

All this time, I've had my sewing room to myself. Our house has a sunroom in the back with a spa and a pool table/air hockey table in. The pool table with the ping pong board on top makes a perfect cutting table. My kids had long gotten bored with it so I had it all to myself. No one been using the spa, so like most flat surfaces, it was handy storage for boxes of fabric. Now that summer is here, my house has become the hangout and .......they want to play pool and air hockey and go in the spa!!! While I'm happy that they and their friends are using all the stuff.... I MISS MY ROOM!!!!!

sewmuchmore 06-25-2011 01:32 PM

Oh no!!!! :cry: It want be long before they go back to school. Then you may have your room back. At lease I hope so. :roll:

dakotamaid 06-25-2011 01:57 PM

You will get it back in the fall which isn't that far away. I always loved having my kid's friends at our house. I think they liked being there cause I supplied food! Anything to keep them off the streets and roads. :)

grayma 06-25-2011 02:00 PM

Maybe if you are sewing there some of them might take an interest! You never know where the next quilter will be found!

dakotamaid 06-25-2011 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by grayma
Maybe if you are sewing there some of them might take an interest! You never know where the next quilter will be found!

Like this! LOL

maryb119 06-25-2011 02:14 PM

I feel your pain. I would love to set up a long arm machine in our rec room but its full of teenagers too. At least I know where my kid is and what he's doing.

MisDixie 06-25-2011 02:21 PM

OH MY! Many comments about how soon the teen's will be back to school! I've got 4 days left and can't wait for holidays to start! Good reminder that summer will be over too soon!

Ramona Byrd 06-25-2011 02:24 PM

Good GRIEF!!! Thanks for reminding me, I have a spa right outside my bedroom on the patio that hasn't been used for....well, 12 or 13 years or so, sometime in the late 90s. I just went out and lifted the lids, totally dry and no mold. That will be a marvelous place to store patio furniture during the long and rainy winter. I had never thought of it, even though I walked by it for years. It's partly sunk into the ground, top about waist high with 2 lids that match very well. I do have stuff on top of it...now I'm going to put stuff IN it.

BrendaY 06-25-2011 02:24 PM

When our boys were teens I think that I supplied underwear for all their friends...there weren't enough swimsuits to go around so they went swimming in their undershorts. Naturally they needed dry ones to wear home... plus I thought they'd eat us out of house and home before they ever got grown.

I really miss those days.... the boys are in their 40's now!

JanTx 06-25-2011 02:33 PM

The "Boys" in my world are in their 30's now. We have a pool table and that end of the house was very teen friendly. I do miss those days. Biggest problem was my son is 3 years older than my daughter so when she was 14 - 16 the house was always full of 17 - 19 year old boys. Yikes.

That table is covered over with my husbands junk these days. He's finally getting around to clearing things out. Hopefully we'll find the table in time for the grandboys to enjoy it.