Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my son adopted his first kitten (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-son-adopted-his-first-kitten-t156260.html)

Wendys Quilts 09-27-2011 10:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I picked my son up from school yesterday and took him to petco. I wanted to surprise him with adopting a kitten. I contacted the lady in charge of the pet rescue and she met us up there. We saw two kittens and my son loved this one.

He was bottle fed at 10 days old and is the most loving kitten! I picked my son up from pre k today, walked in the house and the kitten ran straight to him. I'm so glad they have bonded so far. My son knew immediately he wanted this one too. He is 12 weeks old.

He also is doing well with my little poodle, they are already playing together. But, is a different story with my senior dog. Its getting there tho. It is so funny. My bigger dog will try to intimidate him. Georgie will arch his back and puff up his tail and strut right past her without a worry. Looks like Georgie is trying to rule the roost already lol

Meet my son and his kitten Georgie!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263222[/ATTACH]

Kathios 09-27-2011 10:43 AM

Oh--they are both darling! What a wonderful idea. I'm sure those two will be the best of friends for many years to come.

butterflies5518 09-27-2011 10:43 AM

awww super sweet - I have an older dog and would love to add a kitten to the mix.

ptquilts 09-27-2011 10:53 AM

so cute!! hope they will be best buds forever!!

quiltpd 09-27-2011 11:04 AM

Wonderful picture ! Glad all is going well.

RenaB 09-27-2011 11:07 AM

AWWWW, how sweet!!!

Hattie Frances 09-27-2011 11:24 AM

Ohhhh how beautiful, Georgie reminds me of my late avitar Scarface. I am so happy for your son and your new family addition.

feline fanatic 09-27-2011 11:28 AM

Awww, what a great picture. They both looks so cute and they really do appear to have bonded. Tuxedo cats are the bestest cats. The most devoted wonderful cat I ever had was a tuxedo cat. He was my special boy. I have had loads of wonderful cats since that have broken my heart when I had to say goodbye, but there was just something extrordinary about my Jez cat.

marknfran 09-27-2011 11:45 AM

How darling!!! We could never have pets when raising our son because of his allergies. When he was about 11 years old a mother cat decided to have her kittens in a barn, so became accustomed to playing with them outside, taking allergy medicine. Today he is 35 living on 20 acres, 2 cats, 3 kittens, six dogs (includes their 3 AKC malamutes) a wife and a son plus the BIL, girlfriend and MIL living with them. Raising your child with a pet helps bring out the love, affection and companionship. Congratulations on such a lucky boy and cute kitten! :thumbup:

annthreecats 09-27-2011 11:47 AM

Wow, that is a great story. Glad your son picked Georgie. Such a cute picture. Would make a good quilt!?!
!