Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Walmart is bringing back fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-walmart-bringing-back-fabric-t133559.html)

createfourpaws 06-27-2011 11:49 AM

Was at the Walmart I frequent most and they are bringing back the bolts of fabric. They have them in stock in the back just waiting on the scanner and printer. I am so excited and saw the store manager and thanked him for the fabric coming back. I make lots of baby quilts to be used and dont want to spend $10.00 a yard on a kids quilt.

This is Awesome.

craftybear 06-27-2011 11:52 AM

that is awesome, I had heard that all Walmarts are bringing back fabrics, will all take time,

grann of 6 06-27-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Was at the Walmart I frequent most and they are bringing back the bolts of fabric. They have them in stock in the back just waiting on the scanner and printer. I am so excited and saw the store manager and thanked him for the fabric coming back. I make lots of baby quilts to be used and dont want to spend $10.00 a yard on a kids quilt.

This is Awesome.

Someone posted last week that they were getting it back too. Guess what? I was just at "mine" and they had moved the yarn and what USED to be my dog food aisle, looks like it is set up for a small fabric section, not as big as before. I hope the quality is better than it used to be. The past fabric faded a lot when washed.

blueangel 06-27-2011 12:08 PM

I hope everyone gets their's back.

Michellesews 06-27-2011 12:12 PM

My Walmart never did away with their fabric, but they might as well have....it was more like printed gauze! The Walmart on the other side of town has fabric, but it is pre-cut and in packages. I remember long ago writing a letter to Walmart when they first decide to replace fabric with party products...me and about 10,000 other ladies. I told them when K-Mart discontinued their fabric department they had seen the last of me. I guess we sew more than we party...hehehe. I know I do....to me, sewing IS my party. Michelle

melslove 06-27-2011 12:14 PM

i was in ours yesterday and they are bringing ours back as well, wondered where they were going to put it but they squeezed that cutting table back in there :)

peggymunday 06-27-2011 12:35 PM

I just called our Wal-Mart in Dyersburg, TN and they said they thought they would have their fabric back after February 2012 since that's when they're getting a remodel. So some will take a little longer. :( but, at least it will happen. :) I have to drive 30 miles in a different direction to find another Wal-Mart with fabric. The one in Union City, TN never lost theirs, nor the one in Humboldt, TN - wonder how they will change? Money's been so tight for gas I haven't seen their selections in quite awhile.

nyelphaba 06-27-2011 06:21 PM

I went to my Walmart on Saturday to check out the fabric because of all the postings I have been reading about other stores. Nothing was different.
The little they had was hidden in a far off corner and all that was there was a
few jelly rolls, assorted precut half yards, and some fat quarters. Not worth the drive.

jaciqltznok 06-27-2011 06:32 PM

just not everywhere and not all will be bolts!

QuiltingGrannie 06-27-2011 06:35 PM

Ours never lost all the fabric. But we did loose a lot of it, plus several of the notions. Now the notions we lost are coming back in as well as lots of new ones, two new sewing machines and I hope new fabrics will follow soon.