Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   On my way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-way-t86697.html)

raptureready 01-01-2011 06:28 AM

Today I'm going to get my "Times of My Life" package from Threads of Time in Danville, Ill. This is the last day to spend $175 or more to qualify for the free "Double Reward Points for 2011". My "Times" package will be 2x what I need to spend for the double reward points but it will also entitle me to get all my retreat stays for free this entire year. That's just so cool I can't stand it.
Our NYE party didn't end until 2:30 this morning when I made the girls shut off the Wii and go to bed. Our party consisted of DD having a friend over to spend the night. We had a great time--fixed pizza, fingerfoods, etc., and toasted in the New Year with some sparkling grape juice. They're still asleep even though our guest said that she never sleeps in past 8 am. :lol: Ahhhhh to be 11 or 12 again. Of course it might not be too good today---they played on the Wii from 4pm to 2:30 am only taking time off to eat and a few short breaks. They may be too sore today to move.
Okay, I'm out of here. By the time I get dressed and get to Threads of Time they'll be open for business. I'm so excited!!! Since I got my raise on my retirement I'm also going to treat myself to something new. That's what I do each year when I get a raise, I spend it the first month as my treat.

donnajean 01-01-2011 06:32 AM

Lucky you. I received no raise in my pension or Social Security for 2011. I will be shopping in my closet for a while.

sunflower126 01-01-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Lucky you. I received no raise in my pension or Social Security for 2011. I will be shopping in my closet for a while.

No we didn't get any raises for Social Security again this year. Well, actually I got a $5 raise because they miscalculated mine when I applied last Oct. Boy what do you think I can get with $5 extra a month? Perhaps a yard of fabric on sale.LOL

CarrieAnne 01-01-2011 06:46 AM

Have a great time!
I went to the LQS yesterday too, LOL, stocking up before the prices raise, ya know!

raptureready 01-01-2011 07:04 AM

I get a retirement through the state since I worked for the University of Illinois for 30 yrs. We get a 3% raise every January. It's not a lot but it will buy me a new ruler, or a couple yards of fabric or that circle sewer for the Janome or maybe some batting but not more than 1 or two things depending on what they are. It actually wouldn't totally cover the circle sewer thingy.

Luv Quilts and Cats 01-01-2011 07:05 AM

You have a good time shopping!

donnajean 01-01-2011 07:14 AM

My pension is through the state of PA as I'm a retired teacher & we have not had a raise in several years now.

Originally Posted by raptureready
I get a retirement through the state since I worked for the University of Illinois for 30 yrs. We get a 3% raise every January. It's not a lot but it will buy me a new ruler, or a couple yards of fabric or that circle sewer for the Janome or maybe some batting but not more than 1 or two things depending on what they are. It actually wouldn't totally cover the circle sewer thingy.

donnajean 01-01-2011 07:16 AM

I got a $6.00 Soc. Sec. raise last year as they miscalculaed my prior year. You would think their computers could do the calculations correctly.

Originally Posted by sunflower126

Originally Posted by donnajean

No we didn't get any raises for Social Security again this year. Well, actually I got a $5 raise because they miscalculated mine when I applied last Oct. Boy what do you think I can get with $5 extra a month? Perhaps a yard of fabric on sale.LOL

clem55 01-01-2011 07:29 AM

No increase for us either, but the insurance rates keep going up. Have a great day shopping!

KathyAire 01-01-2011 08:03 AM

Have a great day shopping. Can't wait to see what you get when you return home.

I didn't get a raise, but I'm blessed without it.