Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need crock pot recipe for Spicy chicken......??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-crock-pot-recipe-spicy-chicken-t116993.html)

Lystra 04-18-2011 02:57 AM

Just bought a new crock pot other than roast and chili that's all I use it for but would like to hear about any tried and true recipes from you guys.....Thanks in advance

PABerard 04-18-2011 03:37 AM

This won't sound as good as it is... so you are going to have to trust me. But put it on, then spend the rest of the day sewing ;)

Rinse 2 cans of black beans and put them in the bottom of the crock pot. Add 2 cans of kernel corn. Add 1 jar of salsa (your choice), mix. Place 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts on top ( I sprinkled a little taco seasoning on top, just because...) and
cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Before serving take the chicken out of the crockpot and shred with a fork (it’ll be nice and tender and juicy!!) Then put the chicken back in the crockpot and mix it in with the bean/corn/salsa mixture – now you’re ready to serve!!

I like to serve mine as a salad… lettuce, yellow rice, crockpot Mexican, sour cream, cheese, and crushed chips on top!! But you could easily use this as “inside” of tacos or fajitas!! I used it to make quesadillas also, just added some shredded cheese on top.

Easy peasy and delicious!

ssgramma 04-18-2011 07:33 AM

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, equal parts HOT enchilada sauce and cream of chicken (condensed) soup. Add a can or 2 of chopped green chili. I do this with a whole big Costco bag of chicken and 2 cans each.

I shred up the chicken and bag some w/barely any sauce to use for quesadillas and bag some with a lot of sauce for wet burritos. I keep this in my freezer all the time.

pamkasperi 04-18-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lystra
Just bought a new crock pot other than roast and chili that's all I use it for but would like to hear about any tried and true recipes from you guys.....Thanks in advance

Chicken in the crock pot with one teaspoon of flour spread on the bottom (keeps the chicken from sticking)....

1/2 cup water or chicken broth

1/2 teaspoon of pepper - I have been using this new paper which is wortashire (sp??) flavored which is GREAT...

1 regular size can of rotel tomatoes

let cook all day long....chicken falls off the bone if there is one...I serve over rice or penne pasta!

amma 04-18-2011 08:12 AM

1 16oz jar of your favorite salsa
2 whole skinned/boneless chicken breasts

Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Serve over rice. You can slice or shred the meat
Tastes great, low calories too :D:D:D

QuiltE 04-18-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by amma
1 16oz jar of your favorite salsa
2 whole skinned/boneless chicken breasts

Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Serve over rice. You can slice or shred the meat
Tastes great, low calories too :D:D:D

Amma beat me to it!!

I tend to "ice" the chicken with the salsa, rather than drowning it in the sauce. Really depends on your preference. Choose Hot-Hot Salsa or mild,

At the end, I open the crock and add some shredded cheese. Put lid back on and let cheese melt as you ready your table.

For a Greek Twist ... use Antipasto in place of the Salsa and top with Feta Cheese! :)

Same recipe bakes nicely in the oven too!

hobbykat1955 04-18-2011 04:44 PM

Aunt Junes Chicken in crock pot...

boneless chic breast cut up in cubes...
2 cans of italian styled stewed tomatoes
2 packets of powdered italian dressing mix
mushrooms optional...

serve over bow tie pasta with some italian bread....

Cook all day on low in crock pot...

quiltmaker 04-19-2011 04:21 AM

This topic should really go in Recipes. You might have a greater response there.