Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need a free GPS? Buy an ipod... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-free-gps-buy-ipod-t71538.html)

sandpat 10-21-2010 06:03 PM

Yup, its a true story. Best Buy is giving away a free GPS if you buy an Ipod Touch right now. Or...you can get a free charger, case and an extra set of earbuds. I ordered one and I think I'll give the GPS as a Chrissy gift..or maybe sell it on ebay to help bring down the cost I invested in the Ipod.

I don't know how long the deal will last, but its good right now on Bestbuy.com- oh...and I'll try to get them to match the price from Amazon next time I go to town.- its about $10 bucks cheaper at Amazon than Best Buy..but of course- no free GPS

Chasing Hawk 10-21-2010 06:15 PM

I have an Ipod touch, I love it.

We, don't need a GPS device, because we never get lost on our journeys, we just wander about a lot. We get to our destination when we arrive. :)

sandpat 10-21-2010 06:37 PM

I don't need one either....(DH and I can get lost quite easily and it makes the journey more fun actually)...but I think selling it is a good idea. Also...if you are planning to buy the ipod anyway...a free GPS isn't a bad thing..

SherriB 10-21-2010 07:04 PM

If I knew how to use an Ipod, that would be great! LOL! I am the kind of person who can get lost in her backyard. I can't think of any trip that DH and I have taken that we HAVEN'T gotten lost.

Chasing Hawk 10-21-2010 07:36 PM

Your NOT lost......You are just wandering about enjoying the scenery. Now doesn't that sound better?

Quiltforme 10-21-2010 07:55 PM

My phone is my guide. But I like to get lost a lot!! This is a good idea will pass it on thank you!

CarrieAnne 10-22-2010 04:23 AM

BF has a GPS, and I swear that thing gets us lost. Plus having it talk to me drives me crazy, lol! Ours is an older one, maybe the new ones are better...

sandpat 10-22-2010 05:16 AM

I swear, DH and I are like homing pigeons when in a new town or city. We can find the "seediest" area in a heartbeat. I don't know how...and then the moment we know for sure that we are fully in a horrible area...I have to go to the well...you know....:roll:

Chasing Hawk 10-22-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I swear, DH and I are like homing pigeons when in a new town or city. We can find the "seediest" area in a heartbeat. I don't know how...and then the moment we know for sure that we are fully in a horrible area...I have to go to the well...you know....:roll:

The what?????...j/k

we know, usually the "non seedy"part is about 2 blocks away.

BellaBoo 10-22-2010 08:14 AM

The newest IPod Touch will do everything the IPhone 4 will do except make calls. The older IPod Touch won't take pictures or videos. The older ones are a better value. You can use all the apps made for the Iphone. If you are in a wirless area Ipod Touch will connect to the internet, you can access any website, no monthly fee or plan needed. I love my Ipod Touch.