Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need Kindle Recommendation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-kindle-recommendation-t218175.html)

grocifer 04-03-2013 04:21 PM

Need Kindle Recommendation

My requirements are mainly the ability to sit in my comfortable rocking chair in the evening and be able to read my email and watch quilting video's. I enjoy the Craftsy Classes but rarely find time to watch them. I don't need all the bells and whistles but there is so much available, it is hard to choose. Help!!

Cyn 04-03-2013 04:39 PM

I love my Nook! It goes everywhere with me :)

momto5 04-03-2013 04:43 PM

I have the first Kindle they came out with except that it has wireless and a 3G capacity; I also have a Nook (again, basic); and I have an iPad 32GB that I like as well. I use all three of them, but the iPad is actually more versatile than the other two and is probably closer to what you would like. They also have similar devices made by other companies that are more sophisticated (for lack of a better word) than the Nook or the Kindle, but there are also newer versions of those as well. Probably the best thing to do is go to a store where you can look at all of them and make your decision that way. I have all of them because I wanted to play with them all...the same reason I have several sewing machines and computers! (And fabric, but we won't go into that!) Good luck in your hunt!

sew4nin 04-03-2013 05:49 PM

I have a Kindle Fire. I have not tried to watch quilting videos, but it is great for books, games, and email.

Ginaky 04-03-2013 06:54 PM

I have the Kindle Fire HD and it is great for watching movies. I haven't tried watching a Craftsy class or video like that, but the movies are great. I gave my Nook Color to my husband, my original Kindle to my daughter and carry my Kindle HD every where I go! I have signed up for a Craftsy class, but never watched it. I'll try that in the next day or so and see if it works.

Ginaky 04-03-2013 07:05 PM

I just logged in on my Kindle HD and pulled up the Craftsy class I had purchased and it played beautifully. I just watched the opening couple of minutes, but I was very pleased with it. I love to read on mine--I read between 10 and 15 books a month!

QM 04-03-2013 07:08 PM

I have a Kindle Fire. I did not want the original Kindle my DH bought me, but was rapidly hooked. I really love my new Kindle Fire, which he also bought me without checking. A friend who started out with a nook then got a Kindle. she said the Nook books were a bit pricier. Finding what I want to read is really easy on Amazon. I also enjoy playing some of the available games, which are quite inexpensive. I watched one movie on my Kindle. It worked just fine.

Mdaniels 04-04-2013 01:20 AM

I have a kindle fire and an Ipad mini. I actually prefer the mini--a little more costly, but oh-so-light and definitely much more versatile and smooth to operate.

Sandygirl 04-04-2013 02:51 AM

Do you have a smartphone? If so, look at Tablets with the same operating system. You will be able to sync your apps to each. There are Kindle apps for android and Apple. Tablets ffer mre versatility.
Sandy

romanojg 04-04-2013 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn (Post 5975969)
I love my Nook! It goes everywhere with me :)

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!! It does it all