Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need a Machine for Adrian's Scout patches (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-machine-adrians-scout-patches-t161173.html)

adriansmom 10-17-2011 01:25 PM

YEAP! Arron is TIRED of having NO ONE to sew on CUB SCOUT PATCHES!!!! So as I was sewing on his Bobcat patch today; I could almost hear Cathy say What are you doing? You can't do it that way!" And I also could see her shaking her head as I did my frankenstien stitches; and that is an insult to Frank! HA HA HA!! It was NOT not good! But I got some decent ones on there till I can get a nice little one and hopefully have someone show me how to run the damn thing!!!!

So the question is... It is either Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann's that has a nice little "ecconmy" one that runs about 50 bucks give or take. I was told this one would do the job just fine. Is it a decent machine or should a get a bigger one that will have more options. Keep in mind I am only doing patches and maybe a light "possible's bag" type stuff.

HEP ME!! HEP ME!!!!! As my dad say's once in awhile.
TNX ya' all.

sharon b 10-17-2011 01:43 PM

Walmart has one for 79.95 that would work for you also :thumbup: Get one that has straight and zig zag stitches - if you could get us a bit more information we could help you more - even the manufacture would help greatly :lol:

QuiltnNan 10-17-2011 01:45 PM

question? do they need sewing on??? my DGDs brownie scout patches are iron on

adriansmom 10-17-2011 01:52 PM

Yeah they are iron on. But that glue will not stay them for long. And Adrian is like a friggin buzzsaw! OFF, FAST, and REALLY FAST! He he.

COYOTEMAGIC 10-17-2011 01:54 PM

Walmart.com has a Brother 25 stitches for less than $90 deliver to store postage is free. I love mine. I do a lot of applique and the other stitches come in handy

Joanie2 10-17-2011 01:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've shown this quilt a few times before. But this time I want to tell you that EVERY patch was sewn by me using my Elna Quilter's Dream. Don't buy a machine just to sew patches. Simply stitch just inside the satin edging using a denim needle. It worked for me and it can work for you. Save your money for more fabric, patterns, a class or just something fun.

QuiltnNan 10-17-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
Yeah they are iron on. But that glue will not stay them for long. And Adrian is like a friggin buzzsaw! OFF, FAST, and REALLY FAST! He he.

thanks.

Willa 10-17-2011 02:05 PM

Will they let you try it out? If it works get it - if not you could get something else. Otherwise have you asked someone who does alterations how much they would charge?

Stitchnripper 10-17-2011 02:38 PM

I have to say that I have tried sewing on girl scout patches with a variety of machines and can't get them to work. There is something really hard on the back of the patches. I can barely get a needle through to hand stitch them either. And, there isn't any glue that works (or that we have found). It is a real labor of love when I try to do this for my granddaughter.

Jennifer22206 10-17-2011 02:40 PM

I have a super cheap Brother (under $80) from Amazon, and it's great.