Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   In need of a shoulder,Bad day today. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-shoulder-bad-day-today-t26053.html)

MaineGirl76 09-25-2009 06:23 PM

Boy, today has been a bad day from the beginning! Ugh I can't handle much more. Got woken up this morning by the guys hired to trim the trees away from the power lines, they needed to completely take down the 3 huge trees in my front yard, now my from yard is completely bare and there is such a mess!(i loved those trees!) Then one of my parakeets died, and then to top it all off Dh and I went to grab a bite to eat and now my car is leaking antifreeze and not heating UGH! And I won't have no idea what it is or how much it will cost to fix until tomorrow! This all may sound petty to some, but its been a really bad year this year, things been happening ALL year! I just can't deal with anymore! Please someone, pray my luck will start to change for the better sometime soon..... :cry:

Janstar 09-25-2009 06:43 PM

So sorry about your run of bad luck. Things will start to look up for you! Chin up!

Stitching4Fun 09-25-2009 06:43 PM

I'm praying for you MaineGirl............I have had bad days also that I end up crying most of the day..........but it passes.

I try to think a positive thought everyday and when something goes wrong............I think.......it happened for a reason.

Just keep a positive attitude. You would be surprised at how it works!! Good luck and you are in my prayers.

Barb

MaineGirl76 09-25-2009 06:51 PM

Thanks guys! I needed to hear that. I am just so completely overwhelmed by all thats been thrown at me. I keep thinking God has a better plan for me, but the bad things just keep on happening, I keep telling Dh that God is mad at me about something.....I just don't know what :cry:

Jim's Gem 09-25-2009 06:54 PM

I'm sorry that you have had such a bad day!
Maybe some time quilting will help you feel better

MaineGirl76 09-25-2009 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I'm sorry that you have had such a bad day!
Maybe some time quilting will help you feel better

Thank you. Yeah I may do some quilting later.

eparys 09-25-2009 08:03 PM

I am so sorry that things are not going well for you MainGirl79. You definitely need to do some quilting - OR go to my NEW favorite fabric store - Mardens (I just went to the one in Sanford recently)!!

anyways . . .

Two years ago, when our life was turned upside down, I was sooooo stressed out. My DH told me everyday, that we needed to take one step at a time and ALWAYS "go in the direction of goodness" - meaning never look at the individual ups and downs but focus on a target (whatever that may be) any keep stepping towards it.

We did and our life has settled down -

I keep thinking God has a better plan for me, but the bad things just keep on happening
Take my DH recommendations - (I know how you feel) - but take one day at a time and go forward.

Sheila Elaine 09-25-2009 09:21 PM

Life is a series of ups & downs.......!!!!)))))))))

If you can walk, get out of bed on your own, brush your teeth, etc., think how much luckier you are than a lot of folks. I was in a nursing home for Rehab after bilateral total knee replacement surgery in July & that did open my eyes. When I'm feeling sorry for myself now, I thank the Good Lord that I'm home, back taking care of myself & how thankful I am to all the caregivers I had.

I'm sorry to go on & on; however, I encourage you to take a walk & be thankful for all the small daily gifts we take for granted. I will be praying you feel better soon. Just imagine a rubber ball when you bounce it, first big bounces, then it starts rolling in a straight line, until someone picks it up & drops it again.

Moonpi 09-25-2009 09:58 PM

Hang in there. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Sometimes that is all we can do.

bj 09-26-2009 05:39 AM

I'm sorry you're having a rough patch. One thing I do that seems to keep me a little less stressed is keeping a "I'm thankful for..." journal. Every day, especially on a bad day, I write down one thing I'm thankful for. It helps me.