Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Needle under fingernail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/needle-under-fingernail-t192252.html)

Earleen 06-19-2012 07:32 PM

Needle under fingernail

Well quilting stopped this afternoon as I am finishing a petal play. Using the appi-needle through 7 layers of fabric pushing the needle and ouch under fingernail and past the bed of the nail. Just enough needle to pull it out. Tonight it is throbbing. Tomorrow I will figure a way to finish on sewing machine. Dumb me.

bearisgray 06-19-2012 07:35 PM

Ouch! That hurts!

MaryMo 06-19-2012 07:39 PM

Are you sure? I've got the shivers just thinking about your finger.

erstan947 06-19-2012 07:40 PM

I feel your pain! Well, not really but I do know that it sure does HURT! Hope for a speedy recovery.

deedum 06-19-2012 07:42 PM

oh I can just see it and feel it!!! Take care of yourself and your finger. Keep an good eye on it, don't need any infections.

earthwalker 06-19-2012 09:02 PM

Ouch! Be sure and get it looked at if it doesn't get better soon. Some months ago I was watering the garden, in a rush, no glasses on....Well, as I thrust the hose into the shrubbery a splinter went under my right thumbnail right down to the bottom. Didn't think there was anything in there so put a bandaid on and drove to visit my Mother. Hours later I ended up in the Drs. office getting my thumbnail cut out and the splintered wood removed from the nail bed. It has taken months to heal and the nail is only just growing up.

Gail B 06-20-2012 05:28 AM

OMG! That had to hurt. Hope it gets better soon. Watch for infection.

nycquilter 06-20-2012 05:30 AM

been there, done that on the same thing--petal play. I kept right on sewing (dumb me)...but ouch! and luckily, there was no blood on the piece. Joan Shay offers a special needle to prevent this kind of injury but I've never bought one...just keep trucking along with the risk of this injury. Hope your finger feels better soon.

Neesie 06-20-2012 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Earleen (Post 5302043)
Well quilting stopped this afternoon as I am finishing a petal play. Using the appi-needle through 7 layers of fabric pushing the needle and ouch under fingernail and past the bed of the nail. Just enough needle to pull it out. Tonight it is throbbing. Tomorrow I will figure a way to finish on sewing machine. Dumb me.

OUCH!!! I know that must have hurt like the devil! :( I've had paper cuts under a nail (just "talented" that way) and they were bad enough. Just can't even begin to imagine how much a needle would hurt! :(

Sewnoma 06-20-2012 05:50 AM

Eeeeeeshh!!! Just reading the title of this post made me curl my fingers up to protect them. Ow, ow, ow!! I will think healing thoughts your way - keep a watch out for infection!