Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Years Eve To Party or Not To Party? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-years-eve-party-not-party-t86569.html)

lighthouse 12-31-2010 04:30 PM

We use to go to parties when we were younger, but now with all the traffic and people drinking and driving, recently we are staying home for New Years Eve. I was wondering how many quilters are staying home with their family, and how many are out at parties?

quiltinghere 12-31-2010 04:31 PM

In my jammies sewing and watching tv.

Carrie Jo 12-31-2010 04:35 PM

We had a early supper with the in-laws now we are home for the evening. watching tv and sewing.

Tussymussy 12-31-2010 04:35 PM

Stayed at home and at midnight opened a bottle of Kir Royale made with spring water, white wine and blackcurrant juice. Opened the curtains and watched everyone else's fireworks going off...... now am off to bed as tired!

Boscobd 12-31-2010 04:35 PM

Not a "party", but a couple of houses down to a neighbor's house to welcome in the New Year. There will just be us 2 couples. No driving and no traffic to contend with - our kind of "party"!

Millstream Mom 12-31-2010 04:39 PM

8:30 PM here - Hubby and I just came back from watching a hockey game at the local pub with some friends. I plan on a quiet night of quilting while watching movies with my teenage daughter and her friends. I can rarely stay awake until 12:00! :)

dream56 12-31-2010 04:40 PM

Home watching where it's safe.

The Creative Seamstress 12-31-2010 04:42 PM

We're staying home, I'm getting ready to cook a nice Salmon Dinner (served with some wine), we'll have dessert and the later on toast to the New Year - so long as my husband doesn't whimp out and fall asleep on me, LOL... we usually at least like to do something at the house with all our friends (where my husband actually manages to stay awake and drink too much, LOL), but money is very tight this year so we couldn't do it up as we'd usually like to do.

We (much like you) feel the same way about the craziness and the drivers and as a result won't be venturing out. If we had the urge though - we have a nice hometown bar right down the street to have some drinks at and it's well within walking distance so we wouldn't have to worry about having a designated driver for either of us. Luckily neither of us had to work today or tommorrow so we also don't have to deal with the joys of the travelling public getting hammered 50,000 feet in the air on NYE. Believe me, since alcohol and its effects are different that high up, I've seen it all, LOL. I'm not missing flying tonight that's for sure ;)

So, to the rest of you all - please have a safe holiday this evening and enjoy your New Year's Eve celebrations! Much happiness and prosperity for 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

Maride 12-31-2010 04:44 PM

Probably sleeping.

sharon b 12-31-2010 04:54 PM

Home- here --

So everyone have a Happy and Safe New Year :thumbup: