Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Not a quilt, but my china cabinet, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/not-quilt-but-my-china-cabinet-t134607.html)

Bobbinchick 07-01-2011 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:-D :-D :-D I'm sooo happy. Here are two pictures of my china cabiet. It's a fixer upper and it has been a long time since I refurbished a piece of furniture. This is all sold wood and it is 6 feet tall 39" wide and 14" deep. There are 3 lights in it and all three work. So there is a picture with the lights off and on with them on. Tomorrow I'm going to go see how much it will cost to get two glass shelves cut to fit it. I wouldn't mind plexi glass if I can get it here. Any way now for the pictures, enjoy, Huggies, Fay P.S. the quilt on the one side is one of the very first ones I made.

With the lights off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219610[/ATTACH]

The lights on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219611[/ATTACH]

frugalfabrics 07-01-2011 07:52 PM

very nice.

craftybear 07-01-2011 07:52 PM

beautiful and I have one just like it, bought it at a rummage sale about 7 years ago or so

earthwalker 07-01-2011 07:54 PM

It's going to look great...please show us when you are done.

babyfireo4 07-01-2011 08:07 PM

it's a beauty already! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Painiacs 07-01-2011 08:09 PM

Looks like mine! I got it free!

IrelandDragonQuilting 07-01-2011 08:11 PM

YAY for you! It sounds like you have wanted one for a long time, congratulations! Becareful with plexiglass it scratches up so easily. Cannot wait to see your finished work!

Bobbinchick 07-01-2011 08:17 PM

I paid a whopping $60.00 for this. Can't wait to get the new glass shelves in and then the new knobs and I gotta get some kind of a stain or some thing ot fix some of those scrathes with. I love it and can't wait to get my plates and tea pots in it. Huggies, Fay

drivingsusan 07-01-2011 08:28 PM

If you check around you may be able to find a glass dealer that has some 'used' glass!
I have a bunch of curio cabinets and hutches in my sewing room that I have bought a b u n c h of glass shelves for and I lucked out and found this guy!!! He charges 50 percent less than new!! He also has new glass, but the used is fine for shelves!!
Anyway, just thought I would pass it on.

Bobbinchick 07-01-2011 08:35 PM

I only found two glass places here in town so tomorrow I'll ask about any used glass or any returned glass that could be cut. I hope it won't be very expensive, if it is then I can go with wooden ones until I can get the glass ones. The knobs might be a tad expensive as they wanted around $4.99 to $5.00 for one lousey knob at Swains. If my plan goes as far as using exhisting knobs for rhe doors, then all I would need is 3 smaller ones for the bottom part of it. Well going to play a game or two of Mahjomg and then go to bed. Have a great evening, Huggies, Fay