Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/november-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t204694.html)

sewNso 11-09-2012 05:38 PM

irish, apron. wow. i've gone to the basement several times with the intent to make me one, and get down, there and do what i had in the machine. etc. you would not believe how many blouses i have ruined over the years from using bleach in everything. oh no, on the blood pressure and wt matching.

CHQ-good you have a date, but sorry, you have to do it. lypo is the way they try to go. sounds like the surgeon is a good one.
snowwwww pam? wow. that looks like it could be michigan. but ole mother nature has been good to us the last couple years. 62 tomorrow, i hear.
i went out for dinner tonite, and can't believe how good i was. ordered a swiss steak, just for something diff, had like 1/4 of it, and brought the rest home. told the hubby he could have it for breakfast tomorrow. did enjoy the baked potato tho.

createfourpaws 11-10-2012 05:32 AM

Susanna..........your FQ arrived. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong.

Have a busy weekend. Will be going out to a couple of quilt shops today, and possible hit Kohls so I can get some clothes that fit me. I wore a skirt this week that was 2 inches too big, didn't have a safety pin, so I ended up stapling it. UGH I love that the weight is dropping but I hate how it is affecting my very low income, it will be about 4 weeks before I get a full paycheck. I ad to leave work the other day with a stomach bug.......or the flu bug. LOL

Remember choose wisely in what you put in your mouth. Drink your water, eat your protein and veggies.

Have a blessed weekend. Stay warm......we have a cold from coming late tonight or tomorrow.

meanmom 11-10-2012 05:40 AM

CHQ I had my gallbladder out laproscopically years ago. I was pretty much fine (able to sew) after a few days. It was longer until I was able to do cleaning etc. It has been 15 years and I still can't clean. Good luck. We need pictures of the basket.
No snow here. The weather has been up and down here. Freezing one day, 60 the next. No wonder my sinuses are a mess. My eating is up and down too. Good one day bad the next.
My DD and I are going to a craft show today. I haven't been to one in years. This is one that is picky about what they let in so hopefully there will be some interesting crafts there. I am cooking a turkey breast tonight so I am going to make a pumpkin pie.
Hope everyone get power back soon
Pat

Pam H 11-10-2012 07:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I can't believe there are still so many people without power. The huge snowfall really complicated things after Sandy did her damage. We just had a light dusting one morning so we've been lucky. Looks like today is our last "warm" day. Too bad it is kind of rainy. I still need to clean up a couple of flower gardens and it would be nice to get the Christmas lights up.
Has anyone read the book Cruise Ship or Nursing Home (the 5 essentials to Maximized Living)? It has to do with diet (no sugar, no grains), exercising in surges and specialized chiropractic care. They say it is essential for good health to have a nice curve in your neck. I have no curve. They say that your body can heal itself of most things if those nerves in your neck get the energy flow it needs (along with following the diet and exercise). They do have a chiropractor in my area so I am thinking about giving it a try. I don't want to start the diet until after the holidays. My husband strongly encouraged me to wait until after the holidays. LOL But hey, if there's a chance of me getting rid of these frigging migraines it's worth a shot. Not to mention my neck pain, back pain, gastro issues, etc.
My tile backsplash finally got installed in my kitchen this week. I love it! I'll attach a pic.
Yesterday I had a little shopping splurge at the LQS that is closing the end of the month. She has 50% off everything. Enjoy the pics of all the yummy fabric!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375761[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375762[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375763[/ATTACH]
I got 2 yard cuts of most of them. I got 4 yards of the red feathery one because I think it will make an awesome jacket. And maybe a purse or tote if there is some extra.

CountryHouseQuilter 11-11-2012 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MeanMom - if having my gallbladder out ruins my ability to clean, I guess I'll have to take that bullet for the team....LOL. Just as long as I'm up and quilting quickly I'm good!!!! I won't tell DH about the "cleaning" side effects...LOL.

Here is a picture of the baskets I taught the girls yesterday. I was so pleased, they each got one done, and one lady had 2 done and 2 more ready to put together. Once you get past making the first one, making more is a snap.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375973[/ATTACH]
This one is a fall fabric. I made my first 2 in Halloween Fabric. I've made 3 more in Christmas Tree fabric. Think I've made about 7 so far. I'm getting ready to cut out 5 more to make. The top of the basket ties shut to hide the contents. My Mom says they hold a couple dozen cookies, as she gave one away at her class reunion. I'm giving them as gifts this year with cookies inside.

meanmom 11-11-2012 12:34 PM

CHQ I love the baskets. What pattern is that. I need several christmas gifts and am running out of time.
Does anyone have a tutorial for glue to glue my mouth shut, I can't seem to stay out of the junk food today!

sewNso 11-11-2012 04:26 PM

CHQ, i like your baskets. nice xmas presents.

createfourpaws 11-11-2012 05:40 PM

CQH........I would love to know how to get a hold of the pattern. Can you share that info please. thanks

Vanogay 11-13-2012 09:32 AM

Taboo Tuesday - sorry I'm late with this. Had a miserable night - felt lower than a whale's belly and even had the throw ups. I ate an ice cream bar wrapped in chocolate and I'm afraid I reacted miserably to it. SO, this week's Taboo Tuesday is NO Chocolate - no milk chocolate, no dark chocolate, no hot chocolate - sorry you're paying the price with me:rolleyes: I did weigh this morning as I always do and I'm down another pound - guess being sick has some advantages besides feeling miserable.

meanmom 11-13-2012 01:40 PM

OMG are you trying to kill me with the taboo. I was just sitting here thinking of getting a chocolate caramel thing I made from the refrig. I guess I'm not allowed now. This will be good for me since I have been hitting the chocolate pretty hard since Halloween. THanks for doing the Taboo Tuesday.
Pat