Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Number One Seller for Fall Craft Shows coming up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/number-one-seller-fall-craft-shows-coming-up-t143345.html)

lovetosewstudio 08-07-2011 08:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
For those of you who sell your handmade goodies at fall crafts shows here is my number one seller of all time! Fabric Pumpkins!
For 25 years I sold my items at local shows during the fall and winter season. I don't sell my items anymore but I still love to make things and give them as gifts. So I share with you my number one seller of all time.
COUNTRY FABRIC PUMPKINS - they look good anywhere; as a center piece on the dining room table, on the fireplace, next to a scarecrow doll, on a porch, next to some fresh mums, etc... and they can be made by hand or by machine. Even if you don't sell fall crafts, their attractive and fun to make and display in your home. I made my sets in 3 different sizes using 3 different autumn fabrics.

Festive Country Fabric Pumpkins!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237852[/ATTACH]

Cut a rectangle any size you want your pumpkin to be. Stitch up the side seam.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237853[/ATTACH]

Using a running stitch, stitch up the bottom and pull tight to create a tube. Stuff tube with rice or beans 1/3 of the way and then with fiberfill. Add a stick from outside and Hand stitched closed. Embellish your pumpkins!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237854[/ATTACH]

ptquilts 08-07-2011 08:58 AM

cute idea, what did they sell for?

Veronica 08-07-2011 09:04 AM

Thank you for sharing, they are so cute.
I'm going to make a few for a fun raiser.

lovetosewstudio 08-07-2011 09:04 AM

My sizes were about an 8", 12" and 15"-18" pumpkin. I sold them for $10.,12., and $15. or the set of 3 for $32.00. Towards the end of the season I lowered the price to $29.00 for the set of the 3.
No one pumpkin was the same, I made them all different somehow. People loved to pick their three favorite out to make their own "set."
I sold more of these pumpkins then any other craft including all my Christmas stock of snow people, santa's etc....

greensleeves 08-07-2011 09:20 AM

I've collected a very nice variety of quilted and crafted pumpkins over several years and have displayed them on a side table. Fall is my favorite time of the year, I never tire of seeing new fall fabrics and quilts or other things made with them. Your pumpkins are very nice and I can see why they would be a favorite.

Mariposa 08-07-2011 09:24 AM

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this! :)

thomp116 08-07-2011 10:24 AM

Thank you for sharing!

emerald46 08-07-2011 10:48 AM

I love fabric pumpkins! I've made many over the years and have them sitting all over the house in the fall thru Thanksgiving! Love yours. I would be buying if I lived closer for your craft sales!

QuiltE 08-07-2011 10:55 AM

Here's another idea that our LQS decorated with last year ....

Take roll of toilet paper, add some leftover quilt batting for padding to make it roundish.

Set on top of a FQ (any orange or rust fabric) and pull FQ up and into the hole of the toilet paper role. Presto!!! instant pumpkin .... do an assortment of different FQs and set together in a display or tucked in here and there, as they had done at the store.

Could also do the same with small balls of cotton crochet cotton for apples!

katydidit 08-07-2011 11:04 AM

Very cute idea. Thanks for sharing!!