Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ohhhhh Noooo!!! the only thing that stopped him was..... a plastic bag!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ohhhhh-noooo-only-thing-stopped-him-plastic-bag-t211293.html)

#1piecemaker 01-18-2013 07:20 AM

Ohhhhh Noooo!!! the only thing that stopped him was..... a plastic bag!!!

This morning I was busy cutting fabric when my DH came to the door and held out this box and said,"Honey, this box that was behind your chair...... is it trash?" I looked up long enough to see a box with some crunched up paper in it and said,"yeah, I guess." A few minutes later, he appeared in the doorway and held up a big ziplock bag filled with precut half square triangles and asked, "Did you mean to throw these away?"
Well, he definitely had my attention then!!! I ran in and hollered "NO!!!!"' He said, "I put some other things in the box over there that I thought you might want to keep." I looked in the box and there was more pre-cuts, a cook book and I realized he had not picked up the box I thought he had. I yelled, Oh no!!!! What did you do with the rest of the stuff that was in the box?" He said, "I burned it!! " I looked over in the fireplace and there were remnants of pages I had printed off with quilt patterns, all of my forms for mailing overseas, a binder filled with addresses....... And, no telling what else!! I am utterly sick!!! I will definitely pay more attention from now on. I would banish him from my sewing room but he sews too! But, I don't think he'll be cleaning anymore for a while!!!

JulieR 01-18-2013 07:31 AM

Oh no! And it's so hard because he was being a good man and you told him it was okay. I'm sad for both of you!

kat13 01-18-2013 07:32 AM

Your husband takes out the trash????? lol....seriously I would tell him that you will set the trash outside the door of the sewing room! Any chance you have backup on your paperwork on a computer?

mighty 01-18-2013 08:03 AM

Oh so sorry!!!! Hard to image a man who sews and takes the trash out,LOL

GrannieAnnie 01-18-2013 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5794779)
This morning I was busy cutting fabric when my DH came to the door and held out this box and said,"Honey, this box that was behind your chair...... is it trash?" I looked up long enough to see a box with some crunched up paper in it and said,"yeah, I guess." A few minutes later, he appeared in the doorway and held up a big ziplock bag filled with precut half square triangles and asked, "Did you mean to throw these away?"
Well, he definitely had my attention then!!! I ran in and hollered "NO!!!!"' He said, "I put some other things in the box over there that I thought you might want to keep." I looked in the box and there was more pre-cuts, a cook book and I realized he had not picked up the box I thought he had. I yelled, Oh no!!!! What did you do with the rest of the stuff that was in the box?" He said, "I burned it!! " I looked over in the fireplace and there were remnants of pages I had printed off with quilt patterns, all of my forms for mailing overseas, a binder filled with addresses....... And, no telling what else!! I am utterly sick!!! I will definitely pay more attention from now on. I would banish him from my sewing room but he sews too! But, I don't think he'll be cleaning anymore for a while!!!

Keep your stuff in see thru plastic bins. The little shoe box sizes work great for small projects.

bunniequilter 01-18-2013 08:21 AM

Oh no! That would be heartbreaking, but bless your hubby for trying to help out.

sewellie 01-18-2013 08:26 AM

OMG Leesa. Maybe that's why you couldn't find my correct address! And cook books, your favorite??? I am so sorry for both of you!!!

alwayslearning 01-18-2013 08:50 AM

In the end, it is just stuff. You were distracted. He was trying to be helpful. You are sick. He is sick. It is just stuff. You have your home and you have each other. You have your lives. And I am so glad it was not me. I sure feel for you.

Tartan 01-18-2013 09:05 AM

​Nooooo! Now every time you can't find something you are going to think it was in the box. Thinking about what might have been in it is going to drive you crazy too.

MimiBug123 01-18-2013 10:00 AM

That's why DH isn't allowed in my sewing room. I take out my own sewing trash because he would throw out most of my "treasure", I'm sure.