Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   One Life to Live Cancelled (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/one-life-live-cancelled-t116102.html)

marknfran 04-14-2011 12:08 PM

News: One Life to Live will end in January. I have followed this soap for many years and cannot believe it is being cancelled. I have to admit I cannot spend an hour a day watching it so I tape it each day and watch it later....usually takes me 15 minutes because I cannot tollerate the Echo character and I can delete all commercials. Fast forwarding the show feeds my enjoyment of some great actors and actresses. Where will they go? :hunf:

Lv2sew2011 04-14-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by marknfran
News: One Life to Live will end in January. I have followed this soap for many years and cannot believe it is being cancelled. I have to admit I cannot spend an hour a day watching it so I tape it each day and watch it later....usually takes me 15 minutes because I cannot tollerate the Echo character and I can delete all commercials. Fast forwarding the show feeds my enjoyment of some great actors and actresses. Where will they go? :hunf:

I heard All my children was going to, I quit watching soaps many years ago, but seems like I can turn them on and catch up as if it was yesterday! LOL

Tink's Mom 04-14-2011 01:45 PM

I used to watch this one with my Nana back in the 60's. I have watched it from time to time...it is on at the same time as one of the quilting shows on PBS.
I will miss it....

luv-e 04-14-2011 03:56 PM

Use to watch it until the first Todd left :( :(
Had watched it for yrs too.....
Hate to hear this.......
Please no more talk shows or reality shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanie2 04-14-2011 03:58 PM

Oh My Gosh! I have been watching OLTL for 31 years -- from the start of my pregnancy with first son. There's always been parts I love and parts I don't but I always, always, always watch it! I will miss is a lot. Guess I'll have to spend that hour making more quilts.

Rachel 04-14-2011 03:59 PM

OH NO!!!! I've watched this show (tape it and watch later) since I was a little girl. Oh, that just makes me sad.

I saw Susan Lucci on Oprah, she said that All My Children staff had to take pay cuts, but it sounds like they will continue on.

Oh, I'm gonna miss One Life to Live. :(

Aylahopper 04-14-2011 05:26 PM

Oh no! I've been watching OLTL since I was a teenager. A lady i babysat for that summer asked me to catch what I could of the show and fill her in when she got home! It was the 80's and VCR's were expensive! What's going to happen to Jess/Tess?!?!

marknfran 04-14-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
OH NO!!!! I've watched this show (tape it and watch later) since I was a little girl. Oh, that just makes me sad.

I saw Susan Lucci on Oprah, she said that All My Children staff had to take pay cuts, but it sounds like they will continue on.

Oh, I'm gonna miss One Life to Live. :(

All My Children is cancelled in September 2011 with OLTL in January 2012

JEM65 04-14-2011 07:20 PM

I think it is so sad that ABC is going to stop these shows for a cooking show and a weight loss show. The ABC rep says that the viewing audience wants to see shows on food - Hello! - then they can watch the Food Network. Oh and lets put on an one hour food show then follow up with a weight loss show. The premise of the weight loss show is one persons story followed for five months played out over a one week set of episodes. I haven't watched soaps since I was a teenager in the early 80's but I can still look at Erica Slezak and Susan Lucci and remember fabulous memories! This is a huge television faux paux!

marknfran 04-14-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JEM65
I think it is so sad that ABC is going to stop these shows for a cooking show and a weight loss show. The ABC rep says that the viewing audience wants to see shows on food - Hello! - then they can watch the Food Network. Oh and lets put on an one hour food show then follow up with a weight loss show. The premise of the weight loss show is one persons story followed for five months played out over a one week set of episodes. I haven't watched soaps since I was a teenager in the early 80's but I can still look at Erica Slezak and Susan Lucci and remember fabulous memories! This is a huge television faux paux!

It all boils down to money....how to make more!! And, cost less.
Well, ABC has just lost me if they lose OLTL.