Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   One of My Other Passions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/one-my-other-passions-t219182.html)

twinkie 04-15-2013 03:21 AM

One of My Other Passions

3 Attachment(s)
At the age of 71, most of my friends that are getting married are not having a large fancy wedding because it is their second time around. I have always loved the creative side of life. One of my favorite things to offer as a wedding present is to make their wedding flowers. Here is the latest one that I have just done. I still have to make two arrangements for either side of the archway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408239[/ATTACH]
The brides gown is the color of the flowers hanging down at the bottom of the bouquet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408240[/ATTACH]
The maid of honor's bouquet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408241[/ATTACH]
Flowers for the groom and the groomsman

nygal 04-15-2013 03:39 AM

Wow...all are lovely. I love the blue.

alwayslearning 04-15-2013 03:40 AM

What lovely designs and what a thoughtful gift.

QuiltnNan 04-15-2013 03:40 AM

beautifully done

twinkie 04-15-2013 04:11 AM

Thank you for the comments. It usually takes me about two hours to complete these arrangements. It takes longer to pick out the flowers I want to use than it does to make the arrangements.

Jingle 04-15-2013 05:00 AM

I use to make flower and wreath arrangements to sale at craft shows, years ago. I used mainly baskets and lots of flowers,buds,berries, grasssy looking sprays and a bear, bunny or butterflies. They were beautiful and loaded. No one wanted to pay for the contents let alone any profit. I kept them awhile then give them to goodwill. I loved doing it but, didn't like keeping them dusted.
Your flowers are pretty.

lillybeck 04-15-2013 05:51 AM

I have done flowers for 2 of my daughters weddings and one granddaughter. It is a blessing to be able to do that,

luvstoquilt 04-15-2013 07:09 AM

Those are beautiful...I have to say, you have some brave friends! I am 71 and the thought of remarrying is terrifying to me. I don't even have enough nerve to go out to dinner with a man!

sassey 04-15-2013 01:00 PM

Very nice bouquets. I used to bead or wedding dressess and make the bouquets my daughter for her first marriage demanded that I make her silk flowers it was nerve racking but also fun and gave me a great feeling to be able to fulfill her wishes

twinkie 04-16-2013 12:46 AM

Sharon, you need to take that first step, even if it is just for friendship. I was 64 when I married my DH and I wouldn't trade one day of it. It is absolutely amazing and you seem to have so much to give someone. GL

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6003098)
Those are beautiful...I have to say, you have some brave friends! I am 71 and the thought of remarrying is terrifying to me. I don't even have enough nerve to go out to dinner with a man!