Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Our cat's latest "toy" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-cats-latest-%22toy%22-t59405.html)

amandasgramma 08-14-2010 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If any of you remember, last summer was the summer of the chipmunks. Our cats kept bringing them in the house. This year, the chipmunks got smart and left the yard. Today, as DH walked by the laundry room, this Flicker (woodpecker) was sitting on their water dish. How Dasher caught it, I'll never know!!! The bird is okay --it hopped over to a tree and climbed the tree. Meanwhile, we're considering shutting the "cat door" and frisking them every time they come in!!! LOL :shock:

beachlady 08-14-2010 02:47 PM

Wow. Glad bird is okay. How large are your cats?

amandasgramma 08-14-2010 03:11 PM

Cats are about 14 lbs. It's shocking to us that he brought this one in!!!

littlehud 08-14-2010 03:15 PM

Wow, what a shocker. I'm glad the bird is OK.

sasseyib 08-14-2010 03:18 PM

Maybe they just got caught up in a game they were playing. I am glad the bird was ok.

Moonpi 08-14-2010 04:09 PM

I had this happen --- Mom flickers fake like they are hurt to lure predators away from their chicks. Once the danger has passed, they go back to life usual. (laughing at those silly cats) We had both yellow and red shafted ones. They are very cool birds.

sewnsewer2 08-14-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
If any of you remember, last summer was the summer of the chipmunks. Our cats kept bringing them in the house. This year, the chipmunks got smart and left the yard. Today, as DH walked by the laundry room, this Flicker (woodpecker) was sitting on their water dish. How Dasher caught it, I'll never know!!! The bird is okay --it hopped over to a tree and climbed the tree. Meanwhile, we're considering shutting the "cat door" and frisking them every time they come in!!! LOL :shock:

:lol: Aww, they are just bring you some more pressies. At least it isn't dead mice they keep bring in. Glad he is ok!

Chasing Hawk 08-14-2010 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
At our old house little bodies were scattered all over the yard.
My husband made this for her when we are gone during the day she has a safe placed to nap.
At least you found the whole bird, around here we just find the stomachs and an occasional foot or tail.

Years ago, Kola and her sons were out in the yard. And I seen this squirrel with a huge bushy tail. I said, "How pretty". The next morning that squirrel was on the front porch minus his body. So later that day, I was watching TV, and I saw a Jeep Wrangler I liked. I was hoping they overheard me, to this day I am still waiting for that Jeep....LOL

Kola lives in this Hotel.

stefanib123 08-14-2010 07:55 PM

Wow, I can't believe the woodpecker is letting you hold him like that.

My cat is too lazy to chase or catch anything. He runs away from mice!

We had a mice problem once, and I suspected this, so I thought we'd test him. We got my nephews white mouse and put it where he was and he freaked out and ran away from it!

amandasgramma 08-14-2010 08:03 PM

Fortunately (?), our cats only bring in LIVE animals. They don't kill them, they play with them!! Nothing like chasing a tiny chipmunk thru your house at 11:00 at night in your jammies!!! LOL