Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Our new family member as of yesterday! It's a Girl. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-new-family-member-yesterday-its-girl-t131538.html)

babyfireo4 06-18-2011 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope the pic comes out. I took it with my phone (camera batteries is charging)
About a month ago at the kindergarten zoo trip. Our son, Payton, threw a nickle into a wishing well and wished for his very own kitten. We have a dog, Miley, and really didn't want anymore pets. Well his godmother and my best friend, Elizabeth, comes over yesterday with this kitten in tow. It was chasing some kids on a bike for all it was worth so she stopped them and asked if it was their kitten. They said no. This was a fairly busy street so she got out of her car and picked it up so it wouldn't chance getting hit. Brings it to my moms house (we happened to be over visiting at the moment) and asked me if I want a kitten (since she already has 2 of her own plus her roommate has one). I said no. She said are you sure. I think you want a kitten. I said H*$% No. Payton saw it and told me it could be his dad's fathers day present. I said no. He said pleeeeeease. (sigh)...... Ask your dad and if he says yes we'll think about it. His dad got off work and saw it. Looked at Payton who said " I threw the coin and wished for a kitten but, my wish didn't come true." looked down with the saddest sigh you ever heard come from a 5yr. old. (Maybe we should enroll him in some kind of theater camp lol) No mention of fathers day gift at that point (He did bring that out after he got his dad to say yes)
So guess who got a new kitten :) Have to say I'm kind of attached already even though it was a battle of wills if it was staying or not.

We're still working on a name for her so any ideas are more than welcome.

No name yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213631[/ATTACH]

Unique Creations 06-18-2011 08:50 PM

She's a keeper!! I would name her "Precious"

Furza Flyin 06-18-2011 08:51 PM

Nickie, because of the nickle that brought her home.

hudgoddess 06-18-2011 08:53 PM

My "friend" did exactly the same thing to my son when he was 3-got him to give me the sad face to take home a little gray tiger just like yours! That was 14 years ago and our old man, Max, is still very loved!

judyjudy 06-18-2011 09:02 PM

I thought of nickle also.

Dee G 06-18-2011 09:12 PM

A nickel started it and she is nickel color in a way so ... unless Payton comes up with something else.

Quilted Dogs 06-18-2011 09:31 PM

I HAD A "PRECIOUS", SHE IS JUST THAT. U ALL ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HER FOR SURE SO THAT MAKES IT PRECIOUS FOR ALL OF U.

Painiacs 06-18-2011 10:02 PM

Nikie is cute! I'm not even much for cats!!

Kitsapquilter 06-18-2011 10:22 PM

Cute kitty!! She/he is surely a keeper! Your family will love that baby forever!

KSue 06-18-2011 10:26 PM

She is a beautiful little kitty. Love those eyes. Like the others said "Nickel" or "Chase"