Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Our New Quilt Inspector! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-new-quilt-inspector-t223869.html)

Ps 150 06-16-2013 06:27 PM

Our New Quilt Inspector!

3 Attachment(s)
We lost our old kitty last fall when she went to sleep and didn't wake up. We've been hesitant to "replace" her, so when we saw a "Free Kittens" sign outside of a farm, we decided to just "stop". We were told that this little guy was the only kitty in his litter and that the mother was so old that she no longer had milk for him and that he would probably not make it. Upon hearing this, our youngest daughter (the animal lover--especially when it comes to kitties) put the kitten in her jacket, zipped it up and walked to our van, lol.

We drove to DH's workplace to see what he thought. The farm owner had told us that if it didn't work out, we could bring the kitty back. DH was hemming and hawing about this and really not sure. As he was staring at the kitty with uncertain eyes, our DD held the kitty up and said, "Happy Father's Day!" DH looks at me, as I'm dying of laughter, and said, "How could I say no to her Father's Day present??" So, now we have a new family member, lol.

This is how I found him one day. Ironic, since a few years back when we gave our kitty loving DD her own kitten (the white one) for a birthday present, I found him in almost the exact same position. And they're both obsessed with quilts. Go figure, lol. The first two photos were taken last week. The last photo was taken in 2011.

tesspug 06-16-2013 06:32 PM

Oh, cute overload. Such a little love.

SHELTIE'SMAMA 06-16-2013 06:38 PM

Enjoy your new friend. Looks like a quilting pal if I ever saw one. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my Sheltie around to keep me exercized and sit and by my side and look out the window as I quilt. Love the coloring and markings on your new furry friend. Hope you build lots and lots of new memories with you new little friend. Enjoy!!!!

irishrose 06-16-2013 06:49 PM

What a little beauty! Enjoy your new helper.

coopah 06-16-2013 07:01 PM

He's going to be an expert quilter soon! Great story and thanks for giving me a smile today!

busy fingers 06-16-2013 07:01 PM

What a lucky puss cat to have found such a loving home.

running1 06-17-2013 05:37 AM

That is one cute kitten and even sweeter story!!! thanks for sharing!!! (and I'm a dog lover!!)

tessagin 06-17-2013 05:40 AM

Little guy's name?

omacookie 06-17-2013 05:41 AM

Happy Fathers Day to all men and all single ladies that are parents !Yes the single parent has to do double duty and be both Mom and Dad. Your quilt police looks like a keeper to me. Hugs

tessagin 06-17-2013 05:42 AM

If you haven't named him yet, here's a suggestion; Nome (last four letters of Janome).