Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Parade to The Bathroom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/parade-bathroom-t145021.html)

GrannieAnnie 08-13-2011 11:51 PM

Does every living creature in your house follow you to the bathroom?

It's a bit before 3 AM. I'm in here on the computer. I needed a potty break..........

So, I have to scoot Fiona (80#) out of the computer room doorway.
Boots (90#) is laying in the bathroom door because it's as close to the computer room as he can get since his sissy claimed the computer room door.
Well, I wanted a drink first, so I went to the kitchen first. Here come my DD's two dogs from the bedroom (we're doggysitting).

Alllllllllll the way to the kitchen. Make a U turn and all the way back to the bathroom.

Boots is happy, since Fiona got up and he rushed back and claimed her spot while I was still in the bathroom.

The only one who missed the parade was my hubby who sleeps thru these nightly parades. Well, they happen during the day, too.

JanTx 08-14-2011 12:06 AM

If I turn around too quickly I run into my little poodle (15#) since she is ALWAYS located about 1/4" from my ankle. So - yep - nightly/daily parade around here, too.

GrannieAnnie 08-14-2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
If I turn around too quickly I run into my little poodle (15#) since she is ALWAYS located about 1/4" from my ankle. So - yep - nightly/daily parade around here, too.

If I ever get the computer/stash room cleaned up and let some floor breathe, I'll have 3 out of 4 of them in HERE! We have some territorial issues, so there's no way all 4 will stay in one small space.

sew_southern 08-14-2011 01:48 AM

My Border Collie follows me all over the house! I tell him it isn't neccesary, but he does it anyway. :lol:

nance-ell 08-14-2011 01:54 AM

Yep, most of the time my lab is right where I am. The maltipoo not so much. She's more independant! lol. Once my lab was at my feet while I was sewing. I moved to trim a fabric or something and I heard the sewing machine running. I jumped out of my skin! The lab had rolled onto the foot pedal! lol.

ptquilts 08-14-2011 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by sew_southern
My Border Collie follows me all over the house! I tell him it isn't neccesary, but he does it anyway. :lol:

He is herding you.

I have seen these dogs at the seashore trying to herd waves.

ljptexas 08-14-2011 03:06 AM

My cats tend to follow me too. I'll be in a room & look up & 2, 3 or more are somewhere in the room too. Love it!! They love U unconditionally, looks, flaws, their good listeners, let U know when their out of food or water, etc...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

watterstide 08-14-2011 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx

same here,2 dogs follow me..and when the grandsons are here, they join the parade too..i would not know what it is like to close the bathroom door!

sparkys_mom 08-14-2011 03:27 AM

Oh, yeah! :)

craftiladi 08-14-2011 03:29 AM

Yep same happens here, my poor Aussi will give me that look that says please make up your mind .