Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Paypal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/paypal-t137493.html)

christina d 07-14-2011 03:39 AM

I have just found out that if you are selling something on this site you can send a invoice to the person though paypal I have seen it though big sellers but didnt realise anyone could do it.So I think I will ask people if Iam selling things if they would like an invoice I guess people feel more secure buying things that way

Jennalyn 07-14-2011 03:43 AM

I just want to mention that some of my friends who sell things via Paypal told me there's additional fees when sending invoices. I'm not sure where or for what reason, but you may want to check into that? I don't know if the seller or the buyer absorbs those costs.

QultingaddictUK 07-14-2011 03:46 AM

I buy a lot from the Internet, especially fabrics from over the pond and will only purchase from sellers who use Paypal, I like the security of it.

mshollysd 07-14-2011 03:50 AM

Personally since I receive a PM here, I don't need an invoice, but love Paypal. So unless they absolutely need an invoice, if it isn't broken, why fix it?

christina d 07-14-2011 03:57 AM

Some one cancelled buying something from me because I gave her my email and she wanted me to send her an invoice and I had never done this before and she said she wont sent money just to an email address which is how I have always bought and sold here.I dont that an invoice will do anything different just have never had any problems before this

MissSandra 07-14-2011 04:20 AM

I always get an amail and send it as a gift so the seller avoids other charges by pp

cjomomma 07-14-2011 04:25 AM

I can't figure out how to send an invoice on paypal. Wether the buyer has an invoice or not they are still protected thru paypal.

christina d 07-14-2011 04:32 AM

Yes I know but some people are untrusting of just sending money to an email I personally have had no problems buying or selling this way and will continue to do it but I guess others have a problem

hobbykat1955 07-14-2011 04:40 AM

I'm also confused by this...why sellers feel they have to send invoice? And why is there a problem...if you send it via Paypal...you are protected...invoice or no invoice...And the buyer has a record of the payment in their paypal acct...

jmabby 07-14-2011 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I can't figure out how to send an invoice on paypal. Wether the buyer has an invoice or not they are still protected thru paypal.

Hit Request Money
Hit Create Invoice
halfway down you put in buyer's email address, fill in the items they purchased, you can write note or comment and send. I have not ever been charged for creating an invoice. I even tell sellers if they choose not to use PP its ok, but I do like to send the invoice for both our records.