Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfect Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfect-day-t162423.html)

SouthPStitches 10-22-2011 01:32 PM

Maybe a gray, grumpy day in central NYS but it was perfect in many ways. Spent time with my best friend at our favorite quilt shop that is closing next week. Very sad but the markdowns were ridiculous. For around $60 got 3 yds. fabric, 7 fat 1/4's, 3 fat 1/8's, TWO Moda jellyrolls, 2 spools of thread, two quilt patterns and a pkg of John James quilting needles. Had a wonderful lunch out. Came home and made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge and apple crisp all from recipes here at QB (thank you ladies). Now, time to take a power nap and see what the evening brings. Life sure is good today! Hope yours is too. :thumbup:

craftybear 10-22-2011 01:34 PM

wow, you have had a great day

can you post the links to the recipes that you made today for all of us to enjoy, thanks

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Maybe a gray, grumpy day in central NYS but it was perfect in many ways. Spent time with my best friend at our favorite quilt shop that is closing next week. Very sad but the markdowns were ridiculous. For around $60 got 3 yds. fabric, 7 fat 1/4's, 3 fat 1/8's, TWO Moda jellyrolls, 2 spools of thread, two quilt patterns and a pkg of John James quilting needles. Had a wonderful lunch out. Came home and made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge and apple crisp all from recipes here at QB (thank you ladies). Now, time to take a power nap and see what the evening brings. Life sure is good today! Hope yours is too. :thumbup:

SouthPStitches 10-22-2011 01:37 PM

I'm rather cyber challenged. If you go to the search and type in caramel apple crisp, pumpkin fudge and pumpkin muffins, is how I sourced the three.

sueisallaboutquilts 10-22-2011 01:46 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful day- I love Fall in upstate NY where I'm from :) Nothing like the apples!!!I never find them as good here.

QuiltQtrs 10-22-2011 02:26 PM

Great fall day here in NW Arkansas .... spent entire day on the Garage Sales
route. Found several books, a comforter, fall silk flower arrangement,
nice hooded T-top .... but no fabric. Still a fine time out.

mamaw 10-22-2011 05:57 PM

How nice that you were able to have a good day and find some wonderful quilty bargains at the same time....good for you!!!

blueangel 10-23-2011 03:41 AM

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Shelbie 10-23-2011 03:48 AM

I spent the first part of the day with my good quilting buddy around the corner going to quilt show about an hour away. The show was well done, the vendors were great and the lunch was delicious. It wasn't a huge show, so the whole visit took about three hours. While there, I met an older lady with a wonderful pattern for Caps for Cancer which she designed herself. She makes dozens of these and sends them all over Ontario working by herself supplying her own materials or using the few donations she receives. She was very generous and gave me both her pattern and a partially completed sample. I came home, baked a cake for the church supper and made a Cancer Cap. Thank-you to Mary and all the others like her out there.