Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pet's 10 Commandments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pets-10-commandments-t48619.html)

quiltluvr 06-06-2010 02:31 PM

I have this hanging in my closet. Get a HUGE lump in my throat when I think about it as I read it. Hope you all enjoy.

A PET’S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when you speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old and weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

CarrieAnne 06-06-2010 02:41 PM

Thankyou, those are WONDERFUL!

Tink's Mom 06-06-2010 02:46 PM

Thank you :cry:

marsye 06-06-2010 02:56 PM

I never should have read that!!!! :cry:

MegsAnn 06-06-2010 02:58 PM

That's a tear-jerker for sure.

littlehud 06-06-2010 03:15 PM

Thank you. # 10 breaks my heart. When I had to have my dear dog put down (she was in pain and there was nothing more to do for her.) I stayed with her and held her til she was gone. Same with my cat. I had him 18 years. I held him when he was two days old. My touch was his first human touch and I held him when he left. I was his last human touch too. I know they are both waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Pam B 06-06-2010 03:19 PM

This is so true. Our dog is a part of our family. It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear of people who mistreat their pets. Being a farm girl, I was brought up that the livestock and pets are taken care of before you have breakfast, etc.

craftybear 06-06-2010 04:28 PM

thanks again for sharing, was awesome!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-06-2010 04:41 PM

Wonderful. I've been with many of my beloved pets when it's their time and I've never regretted it. Our vet is so sweet- he always gives us private time right after. It means the world to me. I love every single "commandment" on that list.
Thanks.......

quiltluvr 06-06-2010 05:24 PM

Hubby was with the first two at that time. Our third the vet wouldn't allow anyone. Breaks my heart that he was all alone. Now with the our current when I read that it gives alot to think on. My pet's deaths have been just this side of traumatic on me so................I can't even think about that right now.