Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Please Stop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/please-stop-t218593.html)

tessagin 04-09-2013 06:51 AM

We need moisture down here and when a storm comes in there is very little rain. I'm praying for rain. Everything is just too dry. I've seen couple signs like that before. Be specific in your prayers. lol!

GrandmaPeggy 04-09-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by quilt queen (Post 5988296)
Cute!! maybe the person or persons that are praying for the snow to stop could start praying for rain in Texas...we will take any moisture we get...all over the state.

Amen to that!

callen 04-09-2013 07:02 AM

Boy, we need that sign in my city. We still have about 4-5 feet of snow in our front yard & at least 5-6 ft. in the back yard. This past week end, we were lucky enough to get an additional 10" of snow on top of what we already have. Somebody needs to stop praying for snow !!! Last year at this time we were golfing but not so this year. We'll be lucky if we are golfing by July !!!!!!!!!

Caswews 04-09-2013 07:50 AM

I sure hope its listened to .. LOL I am so ready for spring/summer I am so over WINTER !!!
We are getting snows in the high country mountains of Colorado and Denver is supposed to get up to 2 feet of snow, we're supposed to get some snow but more rain than anything else. As my husband is a truck driver that goes from point A to point B and back to A; he is tired of the snow and cold also. DONE with snow and cold .. LOL Come on Spring/ Summer but not with a vengence .. LOL am I asking too much ?? LOL

Quilty-Louise 04-09-2013 08:25 AM

Well considering I live in CO and we are having an "April" snow storm right now
umm yeah I can agree with that.

PLEASE stop! I am ready for spring not this wishy-washy weather.

Yesterday the high was about 70-72 at 5pm it was about 67, than just a couple
hours later is was in the low 30's. Tonight's low is supposed to be 8 degrees.

I want to become a snow bird!!

Jingle 04-09-2013 08:38 AM

We are finally getting some warm weather here. Going to cool off some but to low 40s, highs around 60.
Very cute sign and made me laugh.

ArchaicArcane 04-09-2013 10:10 AM

Oh if only I could ship this snow to all of you Texans. Heck, I could use a vacation, I'd even deliver it! ;)

DH is also a truck driver, and he's tired of slogging through it too. This time last year, I was out on my motorcycle, and contemplating golf. This year, I agree, we're looking at July probably before the golf courses look non-mushy.

The neighbor across the street has 4 ft of grass showing then a 3ft high snow bank coves the rest of the lawn. We have all snow, easily 5 ft in places. Next house buy will be west facing, not east,... or in the Bahamas. :)

just joan 04-10-2013 02:43 AM

I thought you were in northern Michigan. We still have snow in the woods. And. Were a suppose to get more snow on Fri. At least now it won't stay. Hope you don't get any more.

quiltmom04 04-10-2013 04:58 AM

If only it were that easy!

quilt queen 04-10-2013 05:30 AM

Thanks for wanting to sent us your snow..Texas weather is always changing, last night the weather map showed the northern part of Texas had temps of low 30's and the southern part showing 108 in Laredo..we have a saying here if you don't like the weather today, wait..tomorrow it will be completely different...that's why I love to live here, you never know....