Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question - Do any of you have the SewEzi portable sewing table? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-do-any-you-have-sewezi-portable-sewing-table-t191236.html)

sewdarnbusy 06-12-2012 05:18 PM

I bought the SewEzi cause it looked great at the show... when I got it home, I wondered, what was I thinking? Then I used it and I'm so glad I own it. It's a space saver and just the right height. I have a Viking D1 and use it for sewing only. I think the table might vibrate too much for embroidery. I never tried it with the embroidery unit attached.

conniejean 06-12-2012 06:03 PM

I have used the SewEzi many times to do embroidery. Of course, it has to sit on top. I have not had any trouble with shaking, wobbling, etc.

quiltingcandy 06-13-2012 07:45 PM

Wow - I ordered the table on-line on 6/11/12 after 7pm and it came today! Haven't unpacked it yet because I was out most of the day and too tired to do anything when I got home. But such turn-around it incredible to me.

dublb 06-13-2012 08:16 PM

Whoo-hoo! Now ya git ta play!!!

Writergrrl 11-01-2012 05:46 AM

Any knee lift issues with Janome 6600 and Sewezi table?

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 (Post 5278126)
I have one with two inserts-one for my Janome 6600 and the other for my Featherweight. I LOVE it! They're pricey, but seem to be made really well. I believe every single person in my quilt guild also has one, so they're pretty popular.

I read on a blog that the knee lift on the Janome 6600 knocks into the SewEzi table's leg. Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to order the SewEzi, but I worry about this because I use my Janome knee lift constantly. Thoughts?

cabinfever 11-29-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Writergrrl (Post 5627307)
I read on a blog that the knee lift on the Janome 6600 knocks into the SewEzi table's leg. Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to order the SewEzi, but I worry about this because I use my Janome knee lift constantly. Thoughts?

I don't have either the table or the machine. But, recently I saw a quilters sewing room where she used what is referred to as a school "workstation" height adjustable table that has no table section in front of the machine; but a dropped section where the machine sits. Not sure if that would work to eliminate the obstruction to the knee lift, but check it out. I will have to post it back later, as I can't locate the link I saved.

Bamagal 11-29-2012 07:57 PM

I love mine!! Thinking about getting a second!! Best money I ever spent!!

cabinfever 11-29-2012 10:57 PM

Classroom Computer workstation tables, open front

1 Attachment(s)
To: Writergrrl, re: knee lift on the Janome 6600 knocks into the SewEzi table's leg.
Ideal for those using the knee lift.
First 2 are not "portable" tables, but are compact and sturdy. 10 colors.
Correll Bi-Level High-Pressure Top Computer Table or workstation, considered to be "computer classroom" furniture
@ todays classroom.com as well as many websites.
BL3048 30"deep x 4' wide As low as $177
BL3060 30"deep x 5' wide As low as $197
They also make one 6' wide, might be nice if you are setting up 2 machines.
You can choose location of the "keyboard" tray - left, right or center, as well as optional 2nd "keyboard" tray. Keyboard shelf ht. adjusts from 26.52'' to 29'' above the floor.
Keyboard shelf size: 10''deep x 22''wide Tray. Thought you might want to see how this size would work for your machines.
Note that with the popularity of laptops, these may go away at some point, or be found at a discount.

Portable Gray table = 30"deep x 4'wide with folding legs. $164. At BizChair dot com
Not on wheels for moving the way other tables might be. 5 color choices.

cabinfever 11-29-2012 11:01 PM

Forgot to say, these are all more appropriate for home use, rather than travel. Though many like the compact 30" x 4' size for small spaces. That last one could be tucked under a bed when not in use.

Someone here on the board has this center table for her machine and found it at a goodwill store for about $15. If you're near any school furniture outlet, you might find one like this very cheap. Best wishes