Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Quilty-Louise 02-12-2012 06:28 AM

THANK YOU Wanda!!!!!!!!

We were RAK'd by wanda lou. I received a cute card and note pad/calendar
combo, and my furkids received a homemade mouse catnip toy.

They ALL (4) got in the act of playing with it starting with the older timer
Bandie, but it was Gizmo who took it to the limits and was getting very
wild in his play.

Now all four of them are zonked out on the bed, and the toy lays on
the floor slobbery wet (yuck).

Thanks again Wanda love it all.

mooretll 02-12-2012 07:10 AM

Love all the raks. Now to go to my sewing room and do some relaxing sewing to clear my mind. Will be sending .more raks out next week.

Krystyna 02-12-2012 07:24 AM

Glad you are back with us Debbie, and hoping your heart finds peace.

Havplenty 02-12-2012 10:01 AM

i have a question, how many of you like & use the ponytail holders for your bobbins? i saw on a thread that some didnt like them because it prevented them from seeing the thread colors. i am not sure how that happens because the plastic bobbins are see through and the metal ones have holes in them so you can see the thread plus you can always just move the elastic down just a bit to see your thread.

i love them and it has made a world of difference in preventing me from having a bobbin thread tangle monster mess. they are very economical and so easy to use. in my mind, what's not to like but i know as many different quilters as there are, there is at least that many different opinions.

Ladybug 1938 02-12-2012 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
RAK from Walk-N-Roll Diana

Quilty-Louise 02-12-2012 10:44 AM

I use them ALL the time.

In fact I buy the small ones (like from WalMart) to use on
my spools of thread embroidery and regular. I go to Family
Dollar and buy packs that have about 1000 mini size that I
use for the bobbins (they fit better).

And MANY people who have either been RAK'd or a swap
partner of mine have been getting these in their packages.

When doing FSL (free standing lace) to get the "best" look
you run the bobbin thread the same as the top thread, so
I put the same color wrap on both the spool and bobbin (in the
same color family as the thread) so that I can "grab" the right
bobbins when changing colors.

That is just something I find works for me.

But yes I LOVE the pony tail holders which I lovingly call
bobbin wraps.

LOL

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4968311)
i have a question, how many of you like & use the ponytail holders for your bobbins? i saw on a thread that some didnt like them because it prevented them from seeing the thread colors. i am not sure how that happens because the plastic bobbins are see through and the metal ones have holes in them so you can see the thread plus you can always just move the elastic down just a bit to see your thread.

i love them and it has made a world of difference in preventing me from having a bobbin thread tangle monster mess. they are very economical and so easy to use. in my mind, what's not to like but i know as many different quilters as there are, there is at least that many different opinions.

Quilty-Louise 02-12-2012 10:47 AM

Is anyone else having issues with uploading pictures?

ALL of my icons are greyed out "size" "font" color"
etc.

I have double checked all my settings and nothing
has changed there.

Even restarted my computer 4 times (for various
other reasons).

Oh well not even the "smiley's" are working.

Up North 02-12-2012 10:50 AM

:o Mine is looking ok and the smileys are working for me

Krystyna 02-12-2012 10:57 AM

A while ago someone sent me some tiny terry pony tail holders and (this was such a blond moment) I thought, now how did she know I wear my hair in braids these days? DUH. Well, they're now going on bobbins. Love them!

And yes, Louise, the board has been a little flakey today. Maybe too much traffic on this chilly Sunday afternoon.

I've been spending (too much) time sorting through my bookmarks. What a bunch of wonderful stuff I've found. I've been thinking of putting all the pdfs for patterns onto a disk once I've gotten them all organized - anyone else do this? If so, would anyone eventually like a copy?

Havplenty 02-12-2012 11:10 AM

i didn't know family dollar sold them in 1000 ct bags but i have only been in a family dollar store maybe 3 times ever so i really dont know what they sell. wow will now have to check out family dollar. i was buying my bags of bobbin wraps from the asian hair shops or from ebay.