Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

CajunQuilter2 03-29-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 5099925)
YUUUUUPPP!!!!! I did them for Oct. swap and sent some out. When one showed up Onalee wanted one. The picture that was posted of the one on here must of been taken off cuz its not here now.Sorry Teresa was going to show it to you,it was brown coffee with brown potholder.

The brown one with the coffee is mine, I can take a pic and post it!! It was a SP gift for me...

CajunQuilter2 03-29-2012 03:49 PM

Pics of towel holder made wih towel and pot holder

2 Attachment(s)
here is the towel holder pics. I really like it and will make some more myself.

Krystyna 03-29-2012 04:00 PM

That is soooo cool! So the pot holder is folded in half over the towel?

quiltymom 03-29-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 5100528)
here is the towel holder pics. I really like it and will make some more myself.

I believe I made one for Annt59 in Oct Swap! They are so easy to make. Remember to gather the towel frist then add potholder. I zig zagged it on Then add button didn't really like the color but was all I had. I bought them at dollar store.The loiday ones I made and sent out were cute. About everyone I know I've given them to I have one my stove and fridge!!! Glade you like it!!!

Havplenty 03-29-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 5100555)
I believe I made one for Annt59 in Oct Swap! They are so easy to make. Remember to gather the towel frist then add potholder. I zig zagged it on Then add button didn't really like the color but was all I had. I bought them at dollar store.The loiday ones I made and sent out were cute. About everyone I know I've given them to I have one my stove and fridge!!! Glade you like it!!!

how does one use this? is it just something decorative to hang in your kitchen?

i think i have misplaced my domesticity. you would think it would be ingrained in me after raising three children but i dunno.:D i hardly look for things for my kitchen these days but i have a ton of spices in my spice cabinet. gotta be ready just in case the opportunity to cook comes along.;)

quiltymom 03-29-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5101048)
how does one use this? is it just something decorative to hang in your kitchen?

i think i have misplaced my domesticity. you would think it would be ingrained in me after raising three children but i dunno.:D i hardly look for things for my kitchen these days but i have a ton of spices in my spice cabinet. gotta be ready just in case the opportunity to cook comes along.;)

Just hang it on the door handle of your oven door or fridge

quiltymom 03-31-2012 10:37 AM

I sent out 4 Raks yesterday!!! Watch your mail boxes next week!!!!

Quilty-Louise 03-31-2012 02:29 PM

I want to give a HUGE shout out of thanks to craftykk.

She sent me custom made just for ME a magnet, scissor
fob and necklace in purple & yellow.
Included in the envelope was also a pattern and some fabric.

I will post pictures when I return home (heading out to dinner).

THANK YOU again craftykk.

grammyj 03-31-2012 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5105676)
I want to give a HUGE shout out of thanks to craftykk.

She sent me custom made just for ME a magnet, scissor
fob and necklace in purple & yellow.
Included in the envelope was also a pattern and some fabric.

I will post pictures when I return home (heading out to dinner).

THANK YOU again craftykk.

That's my crafty little granddaughter. :) :)

arizonagirl 03-31-2012 03:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. I'm back home from the hospital. I got home yesterday evening to some very wonderful surprises. The first one was from
Painiacs. She sent me some Jones grape carbonated candy in a cute tin. A McCall's tips and techniques sheet, a pink and white with red hearts FQ, a crochet washcloth, and an Easter egg ornament. She also sent the cutiest kitty postcard with a note on the back. Thanks Patti!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324194[/ATTACH]

Then from Ladybug I received 7 postcards from Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania. The changing colors of the ocean in the postcards are so beautiful. Thanks Rosemary!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324193[/ATTACH]

I had also entered a contest with Cherrywood Fabric that they were running to promote their hand-dyed fabrics and one on of the charm packs. The one that I won is the Minnesota Bundle of 16 squares that was made just for a shop hop in Minnesota and sold exclusively at those shops. When they say that their fabric has the look and feel of suede they are not kidding. The fabric feels wonderful.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324192[/ATTACH]