Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Rank the seasons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rank-seasons-t196891.html)

nygal 08-07-2012 03:11 AM

Fall, Spring, Summer then Winter.

Panchita 08-07-2012 09:01 AM

I think they all have their positive elements but:

Spring - anticipation of things to come, new green growth
Autumn - cool and quiet
Summer - possibiity of some sunshine (I live in England, so it ain't guaranteed!)
Winter - holiday season, but it comes last as I am not a fan of the cold or ice

raptureready 08-07-2012 10:24 AM

Winter is by far my favorite. I can put clothes on to keep warm enough but there's a limit as to how much I can take off in the summer time. I really can't stand hot weather. Fall and Spring are tied for second. Summer is just tolerated because of vacations.

Edie 08-08-2012 02:58 AM

You can't change them. You have to like them just the way they are because if you do change them where does the progression of a season go? To me there is a "reason for the season" and you can't love one without having the other before it or after it! Spring brings forth Summer - Summer slows down for Autumn - Autumn prepares and puts the flowers to bed for Winter - Winter sleeps and readies itself for the burst of Spring! That being said, I will go with
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter

In that order!

And, that being said, I better get ready to go out and mow the lawn!!!!!! Edie

gollytwo 08-08-2012 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Elise1 (Post 5422647)
Spring
Fall
Summer
Winter

I use to like fall best, but now fall reminds me that winter is right around the corner.
The older I get, the less I like winter.

Me too about winter
Fall, though, still ranks 1st. I live in New England and the colours are glorious.

kuntryquilter 08-08-2012 03:43 AM

Spring
Fall
Spring
Fall
Spring
Fall
get the picture?

Lori S 08-08-2012 03:48 AM

Fall .. the colors.. the cooler temps
Spring... the colors after a long stretch of grey and cold
Summer .. time to garden and the colors of annuals
Winter... cabin fever ... although this summer has me suffering as well.

sunny42539 08-08-2012 04:18 AM

Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter

ljptexas 08-08-2012 05:07 AM

Fall - can raise windows for fresh air
Spring - can raise windows
Winter - can tolerate it 'cause I'm sooo hot natured
Summer - just 'forget about it'. Right now it is sooo hot, 100+ for days & days & days but they say last summer was even hotter. It won't start getting cooler until probably Oct. Each day I just pray the AC keeps on going!

Woodster 08-08-2012 05:28 AM

Fall -for the cool, crisp, days, vivid blue skys and beautifully colored leaves
Spring - for the cool mornings, warm afternoons, again, vivid blue skys and the promise of blooms
Winter - for the casseroles!
Summer - for the a/c