Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Rank the seasons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rank-seasons-t196891.html)

SouthPStitches 08-06-2012 04:02 PM

Rank the seasons

If you had to rank the four seasons in order of your preference, how would they stack up? For me it's: Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer. When I was a teenager and experienced things in different ways with entirely different outlook it used to be: Summer, Winter, Spring, Fall.

Tartan 08-06-2012 04:29 PM

I just like having seasons! Each one has stuff I love in them and stuff I don't like. I can't imagine having the same weather all the time. As the seasons turn, I am always happily anticipating the next one.

Elise1 08-06-2012 04:43 PM

Spring
Fall
Summer
Winter

I use to like fall best, but now fall reminds me that winter is right around the corner.
The older I get, the less I like winter.

Quiltaddict 08-06-2012 05:08 PM

Fall because it provides relief from the long hot summer
Spring because everything starts growing and it's nice and green
Winter because I hate hot weather and you can always add another layer of clothing to stay warm
Summer = see above (hate hot weather)

TanyaL 08-06-2012 05:12 PM

Spring because of the nice weather
Summer because of the visits from the family members
Fall because of the nice weather
Winter is last because of the pressure of the holiday seasons

Jingle 08-06-2012 05:34 PM

Fall - Winter - Spring, although I know the hot, humid weather is coming close behind. Summer is the one I like the least. I'm an indoor person. I do like having four seasons. A warm climate is the last place I would want to live. I couldn't stand for it to be cold all the time either. 60 - 80 degrees would be perfect for me.

Up North 08-06-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict (Post 5422690)
Fall because it provides relief from the long hot summer
Spring because everything starts growing and it's nice and green
Winter because I hate hot weather and you can always add another layer of clothing to stay warm
Summer = see above (hate hot weather)

I agree with you 100%!!

Nanamoms 08-06-2012 07:46 PM

Summer- Although it's hot here, I can stay inside in the A/C
Spring- Second cause everything is new (although allergies are rampant!)
Fall - I seem to get depressed as days get shorter.
Winter - Last, because of holiday pressure and blah of January February although we don't have too much real winter here.

burchquilts 08-07-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5422740)
Fall - Winter - Spring, although I know the hot, humid weather is coming close behind. Summer is the one I like the least. I'm an indoor person. I do like having four seasons. A warm climate is the last place I would want to live. I couldn't stand for it to be cold all the time either. 60 - 80 degrees would be perfect for me.

That would be the order for me, too. I LOVE fall! And I don't mind winter tho here in WI it lasts for six months & the darkness gets old after a while. But not nearly as old as this heat & humidity has gotten! Spring is nice but since we have lots of snow (usually), I dread the puddles & mud. But, once again, I'll take it over the heat. When we lived in FL, I was miserable... no seasons! Christmas lights on palm trees? It was just weird to me...

ranger 08-07-2012 03:05 AM

Fall...love the cooler, dry weather and the gorgeous colors....perfect for hiking.
Spring...fresh and everything comes alive, although most years it's wet/foggy here.
Summer....we don't get much summer so like to enjoy the 'sunshine' days.
Winter........too long, too cold! (I also hate the holiday pressure)