Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   in re: to Knitting & Crochet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/re-knitting-crochet-t114513.html)

dreamer2009 04-08-2011 09:23 AM

in re: to Knitting & Crochet

I know how to knit; but could never understand crochet.

How many people who have heart problems are aware that both of these things while doing them Regulate your heart beat;
which is a very good thing.

amma 04-08-2011 09:29 AM

I am the opposite, can crochet but struggle with knitting LOL
I know that it does relax me, now I know why :D:D:D

phatquilts2 04-08-2011 09:40 AM

Like to knit & it is soothing to me.
Have not been able to crochet, yet. Made several attempts over the years and my fingers are all thumbs. :lol: sorry could not resist the pun.
Did not know anything about these motions regulating heart rhythms. Thanks for the heads up.

QuiltnNan 04-08-2011 09:55 AM

I had knit since 7th grade, but didn't learn crocheting until my first daughter was born... the lightbulb finally went on! When I was working, I loved to crochet afghans before work and on breaks. I find that it helped with the stress of my job. Now I know why :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

no1jan 04-08-2011 10:01 AM

I can crochet, but now that I have vision issues I have difficulty knitting.

Crocheting you can also do by feel. At least for me. I never knitted much before so knitting is very difficult for me now. Especially if you have to go back to pick up a stitch a few rows back!

Ripping out crocheting is very natural for me. I have almost finished an afghan and noticed a mistake in the first 6 inches and ripped the whole thing out to re-do it.

I guess I am an expert frogger at crocheting besides quilting! :roll: ;) :roll: ;-)

Grinster 04-08-2011 11:18 AM

I can knit but could never figure out the crochet stuff. Right now I am finishing knitting a pair of socks for my nephew. Should be done this weekend! (Then on to quilting)

dreamer2009 04-08-2011 11:20 AM

I like the idea of crochet because it is an easy carry around project.

MadQuilter 04-08-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

How many people who have heart problems are aware that both of these things while doing them REGULATE your heart beat;

So does petting a cat.

Suzi 04-08-2011 11:25 AM

I can crochet (and have for too many years to mention), I can't knit (although the Lord knows I've certainly tried), I can embroider and do a fairly decent job at it AND I can quilt! Think that's enough to fill up my days (along with everything else that goes on in a 24 hour period). All of the above are calming activities along with having your pet in your lap and just stroking him/her -- works for me!

phatquilts2 04-08-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

How many people who have heart problems are aware that both of these things while doing them REGULATE your heart beat;

So does petting a cat.

Than between the cat, dog and knitting/quilting than I am good to go. ;)