Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Re-sizing Embroidery patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/re-sizing-embroidery-patterns-t191221.html)

lonestardreams 06-08-2012 06:16 PM

I've never heard of this. I think I have done what you are trying to do on my embroidery machine- it's a Brother though not the one you have.

Surely, the shop where you bought the machine will rotate it for you. If not, someone with software that can help?

Be glad to help if I can.

jlm5419 06-08-2012 06:31 PM

Wilcom Resizer. It's a free download and allows you to edit embroidery files, which should include rotating.

sylviak 06-08-2012 06:46 PM

I think once it is downloaded on the machine, you can rotate it 90 degrees. I have the PE770. But....since it won't fit if you rotate it, you need to load the hoop by turning your fabric 90 degrees. This should solve your problem. Just be sure you have enough fabric to do this and still have enough on the edges to pull it tight in the hoop.

M.I.Late 06-08-2012 07:06 PM

I have the same machine and I'm not sure why you can't rotate it. Are you putting it on a hat or something that you can't rotate the item you're putting it on?

I usually put the pattern in the machine memory. Save it in the machine and then you can rotate it. You may have to give it a minimal reduction but that's easy too....

natalieg 06-08-2012 09:27 PM

sylviak and M.I.Late,

I have the pattern downloaded into my computer. I put it (and only it) on a flash drive. When I put the flash drive into the PE770, it doesn't recognize it. If I could get it into the machine, I could rotate it. Getting the pattern onto the fabric and rotating it to fit the fabric (Tshirt) isn't a problem, I know how to do that. The problem I have is that the machine doesn't recognize the file because it is too big turned the direction it is.

Brother said unless I can get it rotated to where it will fit ht and width, then I won't be able to load it. The machine is 5" width and 7" ht. The design is 6.8" wide and 4.11" tall. Therefore, if I try to enter it into the machine in that direction, it is too wide.

JanetM 06-08-2012 10:28 PM

I don't think your problem is that the design is wider than it is tall. The design should load onto your flashdrive in a rotated position automatically, because otherwise virtually no one would be able to stitch this design, unless they had a minimum 8x8 hoop.
Are you sure you have the correct format? If so, I would contact the company you bought the design from, because something is wrong here. Perhaps, your machine can't recognize an incorrect format, or a corrupted file.

natalieg 06-08-2012 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM (Post 5275854)
I don't think your problem is that the design is wider than it is tall. The design should load onto your flashdrive in a rotated position automatically, because otherwise virtually no one would be able to stitch this design, unless they had a minimum 8x8 hoop.
Are you sure you have the correct format? If so, I would contact the company you bought the design from, because something is wrong here. Perhaps, your machine can't recognize an incorrect format, or a corrupted file.

Contacting the company is my next step. I just went with what Brother said and assumed it was correct.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

ScubaK 06-08-2012 11:42 PM

I bet if you contact the designer/company...they will fix the file for you (rotate it) so that you can sew it. If not, it may be time to look into EMBIRD software that allows you to do alot of things and is very resonable.
Kirsten

Freddie 06-09-2012 04:34 AM

I have the PE770 also. Never had a problem with not loading a 5x7 design. Do you have the correct format? the machine only takes PES or DST. Maybe corrupted? Did you purchase it or is it a freebie? If purchased contact the company, they'll help you.

Originally Posted by natalieg (Post 5275830)
sylviak and M.I.Late,

I have the pattern downloaded into my computer. I put it (and only it) on a flash drive. When I put the flash drive into the PE770, it doesn't recognize it. If I could get it into the machine, I could rotate it. Getting the pattern onto the fabric and rotating it to fit the fabric (Tshirt) isn't a problem, I know how to do that. The problem I have is that the machine doesn't recognize the file because it is too big turned the direction it is.

Brother said unless I can get it rotated to where it will fit ht and width, then I won't be able to load it. The machine is 5" width and 7" ht. The design is 6.8" wide and 4.11" tall. Therefore, if I try to enter it into the machine in that direction, it is too wide.

M.I.Late 06-09-2012 06:11 PM

I thought I read somewhere that it was a PED file. This machine takes only PES files. Could that be the problem?