Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Reducing Pet Hair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/reducing-pet-hair-t57440.html)

cattailsquilts 08-02-2010 08:55 AM

I so want a flobee! I keep threatening our two long-hairs with shaving them (they so need it). =) I'm vacuuming every other day, as well, thanks to my mini-menagerie (and the AZ heat).

And I love our furminator brush- it works like a dream on all the animals except the wheaton terrier. But she has hair not fur, and doesn't shed, so it's not a big deal. I just wish the critters weren't afraid of the vacuum- would be so much easier to get them brushed out without adding more fur to the mess in the house!

lab fairy 08-02-2010 11:18 AM

The furminator is great. Unfortunately it works a little too well. I've got one cat who loves grooming. If I used it on her every time she'd be bald. The one who needs the brushing the most is the one who doesn't like sitting still for it. So when I can pin her down, the furminator is the most efficient grooming tool that I've found so far.

Jingle 08-02-2010 01:24 PM

I bought one to mainly use on my outside dog, used it on the cats a time or two and decided I would put it some place where I would remember it - you guessed, can't remember where I put it, I've looked all over for it. Aftger using it on one cat, seemed ther was loose hair all over him, think I would have had to brush him bald to get rid of it. Pretty pricey too.

aliaslaceygreen 08-02-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I bought one to mainly use on my outside dog, used it on the cats a time or two and decided I would put it some place where I would remember it - you guessed, can't remember where I put it, I've looked all over for it. Aftger using it on one cat, seemed ther was loose hair all over him, think I would have had to brush him bald to get rid of it. Pretty pricey too.

Your cat hid it.
Mine did too, so I knw :mrgreen:

I love the furminator. My cats, not so much. They are all long haired, and one, Master Rory is somewhat rotund (shhh, he's very sensitive about this :oops: ) and has 'issues' with cleanliness....he is currently too matty, and is a candidate for a shave, let me tell you!!!

littlehud 08-02-2010 06:05 PM

I've gotta look this one up. We need it here.

wvdek 08-02-2010 07:56 PM

When I worked the animal shelter, we used these all the time. I bought one to use on my collie and one for the cats through e-bay for half the cost. They are well worth the cost even at full price.

Just brushed my collie out a week or so ago and had a plastic bag full of hair. Mind you his hair is long. I then used it on the short haired dog who didn't look like he needed it and lo and behold I got a bag out of him too. This goes down to the skin and pulls out the dead hair that is the stuff you find all over your house.

Love theses things. Highly recommend them. Make sure you follow the instructions tho.

I will start another post about a product I use in conjunction with this so as not to hi-jack this post.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-03-2010 06:34 AM

Furminator is by far the best tool I've ever used on my 5 cats. If you see the commercial and think, yeah right, well I'm here to tell you when you finish it's like you have another cat!! That's how much fur it gets.