Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Reminder that this is a public forum (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/reminder-public-forum-t61613.html)

sewmuchmore 08-27-2010 04:28 PM

It is so sad to see how far mankind has come, waiting to devour one another.

Rhonda 08-27-2010 04:35 PM

I have had a big problem with people putting their home address on the main board when they request templates.

PLEASE PLEASE People remember to send ALL PERSONAL info by PM OR EMAIL!!!

You don't want to come home and find your house cleaned out by burglars!! or find your credit cards maxed out!!

Jingle 08-27-2010 04:58 PM

Would be hard for someone to find me, since I retired I am home most all the time, quilting. DGD living with us insist we keep the doors locked day and night, doors like a fortress here.

littlehud 08-29-2010 07:30 AM

You are so right. This is public and easily accessible. Please keep personal info off your regular posts. It feel so safe and secure here sometimes we forget.

debbieumphress 08-29-2010 07:36 AM

I seem to write a lot on my PDA but trust me. anything I don't want out there, is not in there. LOL. It's so sad, I agree. I googled my name and it brought up my posts from here and everywhere. So I agree let's be careful. I got a "new friend" request from Facebook, which I only look at and don't post and I accepted thinking it really was a friend. A few minutes later they were on my instant messaging and boy, was I getting the message. Deleted them really quick. I swear. Sick minds. SO thanks for the info Bearisgray. WILl be careful. Let's hope they stay away from tehis wonderful quilt board we have.

MistyMarie 08-29-2010 07:42 AM

I recently heard a politician having to deal with something he posted three years ago on a forum (that was actually transfered, unbeknownst to him, to a VERY controversial website). He said his postings were in good fun and that they were taken out of the context of what was being said in the forum, yet since his name was on those postings and they made it to another site, he was still accountable for what he said. Scary.

I am careful about Facebook because I am a school teacher and I have my assistant principal as my friend, so I don't say or respond to anything controversial on there. My husband is VERY opinionated and I have had to encourage him more than once to remove postings he has made because they could really get him in trouble.

Chasing Hawk 08-29-2010 08:56 AM

This is why I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace or any of those messenger programs. I stay out of chatrooms, although I didn't peek in our chatroom here once.
What I post in open forum here, is what I would say out here in reality. I had a really awful life changing happening from communicating with someone on the internet a long time ago. I won't put myself or my family in the position again.

patricej 08-29-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
They talk about Facebook all the time, but wouldn't this classify as basically the same thing, a social network?

i sincerely hope we are not mistaken for a place like Facebook. :shock:

still, it's true that we are just as visible.