Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Road to CA was great (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/road-ca-great-t93190.html)

JanetM 01-23-2011 01:47 PM

I went to the Road to CA for the first time this year. It was great. So many incredible quilts. I am in awe of the talent and creativity of these quilters.

Went to the "Partytime" Thurs night at the Doubletree and won a $25 vendor gift certificate. I also attended the "Roundabout" Friday night at the Doubletree, and saw demos of techniques from the educators...great fun.

The vendor mall was great too. I saw many "new to me" vendors and spent some $$$

I wasn't able to get to the staircase at the arranged time so I didn't see any QB menbers :cry: :cry: :cry: but I hope that those of you that met up will post some pictures.

craftybear 01-23-2011 02:04 PM

glad you had a great time

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-23-2011 02:41 PM

I too was not able to make it to the stairs in time to meet other QB members.....so sorry. Went with a group on a bus and our time was limited. As it was, we didn't make it to see all there was to see at the show but I did spend some $$$$. My friend and I bought some 1 yd pieces and are going to split them so as soon as we split what we have and put everything together I will post pics of all my purchases. I really had a great time. Looking forward now to the show in Long Beach in July.

JanetM 01-23-2011 03:49 PM

I've never been to the Long Beach show. How does it compare with Road to CA??? I would incur hotel expenses to go to the Long Beach show so I would want to know that it is worthwhile. Thanks for any advice.

Best rate for local hosting hotel is $169...ouch!

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-23-2011 03:52 PM

I went to Long Beach last July and I think is was just as big and fabulous as the Road to California. Some gals said Road was bigger and some said Long Beach was bigger. I felt they were both about the same. Long Beach convention center is right across the street from the water and harbor. Very beautiful area and July is perfect weather. If you have the ability to go to Long Beach, I would go if I were you. You can never go wrong with a quilt show as far as I am concerned. LOL :D

JanetM 01-23-2011 03:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are probably right!!! I get a real kick out of seeing the quilts and I really do enjoy the vendor mall...finding things I never knew I needed. :lol:

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-23-2011 03:56 PM

I went to Long Beach last July and I think it was just as big and fabulous as the Road to California. Some gals said Road was bigger and some said Long Beach was bigger, maybe Road is just a "tad" bigger. Long Beach convention center is right across the street from the water and harbor. Very beautiful area and July is perfect weather. If you have the ability to go to Long Beach, I would go if I were you. You can never go wrong with a quilt show as far as I am concerned. LOL :D

OOPs, sorry double post.

sewwhat85 01-23-2011 07:14 PM

sounds like a blast

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-23-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are probably right!!! I get a real kick out of seeing the quilts and I really do enjoy the vendor mall...finding things I never knew I needed. :lol:

I do enjoy seeing all the beautiful quilts but I am with you.....the vendor malls are to die for. I am in heaven looking at all the fabric, kits, gadgets, machines, etc. That is where I spend almost all of my time. Maybe we bumped shoulders there at Road. LOL

JanetM 01-24-2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt

Originally Posted by JanetM

I do enjoy seeing all the beautiful quilts but I am with you.....the vendor malls are to die for. I am in heaven looking at all the fabric, kits, gadgets, machines, etc. That is where I spend almost all of my time. Maybe we bumped shoulders there at Road. LOL

We probably did bump shoulders :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was recently put on blood thinners so I bruise if anyone just looks at me. I remember being pushed, squeezed, and bumped into many times at the vendor mall. Sure enough, I have bruises on my legs, my tummy, hips, and my rear :shock: :shock: :shock: