Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ROCKER SHOES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rocker-shoes-t48077.html)

sasseyib 06-02-2010 07:46 AM

I didn't purchase the good brand but got some from Payless Shoes to try out. They are really good for walking on my mile walks each day. My feet have given me so much trouble but I have found these shoes to be so comfortable. The cushioning is great and the walking motion makes the walking so much easier. It did take me a couple of days to get used to. I really thank all of you for mentioning them.

debbieumphress 06-02-2010 11:01 AM

I have been wondering about those shoes. I have weak bones in my ankles so have to stick to my New Balance. I tried some one once and almost fell over. Probably my balance. It was so funny. I know they will work well for you. I see them on TV and people love them. Report later. LOL

sasseyib 06-02-2010 11:24 AM

8-) The only thing I have noticed with these shoes is the ankle support is not as good as I like so I really watch how I walk. It may be because they were not the expensive ones. I have always been a New Balance person also and I still like their shoes but I like the cushion of these Rockers.

granniebj 06-02-2010 11:29 AM

Gosh never even heard of them. Gonna have to check into them!

CarrieAnne 06-02-2010 12:49 PM

Are they the really tall ones that are supposed to help you get into shape. Wondered if they worked!

Pam B 06-02-2010 01:21 PM

I have a pair of the Sketcher's Shape-ups and I love them. I am on my feet all day long (teaching Kdg). They may not look real 'professional' but I can wear them all day in my classroom and my feet/legs/back are not tired at the end of the day. I enjoy wearing them when I go for walks, also (which is what I intended when I bought them).

sasseyib 06-02-2010 01:43 PM

Yes, they look taller. It made the back of my thighs and hips hurt at first (a couple of days) when I started walking but they are ok now. Pam, with the Sketchers, do they have support in the ankle area?

Pam B 06-02-2010 03:44 PM

They are not 'ankle high', if that is what you are wondering...however, they are not low-cut shoes. I have weak ankles and I have not had any problems wearing them. If you get a chance, go to a dept store (I got mine at Penney's) and try a pair. I had to get a half size larger than what I normally wear. Try walking around the store area a little bit with them. They do take some getting used to, and I would be cautious when driving with them in the beginning...simply due to the thicker sole.

sasseyib 06-02-2010 05:03 PM

Thanks Pam. No I know they aren't ankle ones just wondered if they had more support. I will try the department store as I do like them.

zennia 06-02-2010 05:28 PM

I love my Sketchers.