Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Santa Barbara fire only blocks away--- evacuated! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/santa-barbara-fire-only-blocks-away-evacuated-t19825.html)

quiltswithdogs 05-06-2009 11:54 PM

Please remember my poor daughter in your prayers. She just called from her conference in Chicago all upset because her home and new business are so close to that bad fire that the areas have been evacuated. Nobody is allowed to go in and collect anything so her friends were not able to go get any of her possessions from her home ie photos, musical instruments, quilts I've made her, other sentimental treasures. She and her business partner have used their loan to get the offices all set up. My hubby, mom and I are all ready to go visit her next Wed for the big Open House/ Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. I sure hope this disaster is over and that the fire never reaches either her home or business. She's especially concerned about her little dog, but I assured her that her friend of several years, who loves the little guy too, will take good care of him. She knows that, but still... to be so far from her baby at a dangerous time is wrenching her heart. I wish I didn't live 8hrs away or I'd go get her shelter adopted darling little chihuaua-dachsund-minature pincher (I call him a chihua-oxie-pin).

Santa Barbara, on the California coast, is a gorgeous place to live but when there is a fire that is bad, it's always because of winds. I guess everyplace has it's own weather problem.

PrettyKitty 05-07-2009 12:58 AM

Oh Cathy, whata worrying time for you and you daughter. Fingers crossed, I really hope that their home and offices and the pooch are ok. Keep us posted

sewhappy57 05-07-2009 01:00 AM

Oh I so sorry to hear that. I've been reading about the horrible fires there.
I'll keep your daughter in my prayers.

reneebobby 05-07-2009 02:16 AM

Oh you and your family are in our prayers. But i do need to see a picture of this dog.

barnbum 05-07-2009 03:15 AM

Oh gosh--how frightening--and frustrating!!

pocoellie 05-07-2009 03:25 AM

I'm very sorry. I hope that they'll get the fire under control very soon everything will be okay.

shaverg 05-07-2009 04:49 AM

I will be thinking about her. I am watching it on TV it is not that far away as the crow flies.

It is all that is on our local news.

We were ready to evacuate last year, as the helicopters flew down our street dropping water and the Fire Fighters were backfiring the houses on the hill behind us. It is very scarry. The winds are suppose to be really bad again today. It is already 85 degrees. They are warning about the particulate matter in the air quality. We have fires within site of our house several times every year.

beachlady 05-07-2009 04:59 AM

Prayers going your way!

Ninnie 05-07-2009 05:22 AM

Hope they are ok. please let us know.

Shemjo 05-07-2009 06:32 AM

Prayers that "All is Well"!