Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Saturday morning didn't start out well (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/saturday-morning-didnt-start-out-well-t58263.html)

Chasing Hawk 08-07-2010 09:21 AM

Today is Saturday, I usually make the coffee pot before I head off to dreamland. And my husband plugs it in hen he gets up. Well, this morning much to my horror!! The coffee pot decided to die right along with the power supply on my computer....lol (

So it's off to Bi Mart ( a store here in the Pacific Northwest) to get a new coffee maker. I think I did good, I actually smiled at someone and haven't even had my coffee yet. Usually the family doesn't even look at me until I have had at least one cup of rocket fuel.

My husband took me to get a nice large cup from one of the local roadside coffee huts before we headed back home. So now I have a nicely brewed pot of coffee in the kitchen, no computer.

And I have decided since my CPU is in the hospital, I am going to re-sand my desk and reapply a new layer of clear coat for it's homecoming next week.

bkb 08-07-2010 09:22 AM

What a nice way to welcome it home.

MoMoSews 08-07-2010 09:59 AM

That's the one thing I love about the Pacific northwest...lots of places to get coffee!!!

charmpacksplus 08-07-2010 10:45 AM

Did lightning strike your house or a nearby transformer? If I had no coffee and no computer on the same day I would not be smiling at anyone except the person who fixed it all. :evil:

sharon b 08-07-2010 10:56 AM

maybe power surges in the house ?

GrammaNan 08-07-2010 11:21 AM

You have a great attitude! I love that you aren't wasting time, you are putting your shoulder to the wheel and working on something else while you wait. The one thing that I would have done differently is that I would have had to make a Starbucks stop on the way to Bimart. There is no way I could have smiled at anyone without some coffee. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Deecee 08-07-2010 02:02 PM

I can do without the coffee but I go into withdrawal without my computer. Good on you for keeping busy making your computer a coming home present.

Chasing Hawk 08-07-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Did lightning strike your house or a nearby transformer? If I had no coffee and no computer on the same day I would not be smiling at anyone except the person who fixed it all. :evil:

We had lightening about a week ago. But I keep everything on surge protectors and if its too close everything gets unplugged.

Chasing Hawk 08-07-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
You have a great attitude! I love that you aren't wasting time, you are putting your shoulder to the wheel and working on something else while you wait. The one thing that I would have done differently is that I would have had to make a Starbucks stop on the way to Bimart. There is no way I could have smiled at anyone without some coffee. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

I prefer Panache' coffee huts to Starbucks. I am always doing something around the house. I spent two weeks making the grand daughters some clothes, now I have to clean the house.....LOL The dust bunnies are forming a major offensive in key areas of the house.

wvdek 08-07-2010 04:17 PM

Yikes!