Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Secret Santa Friends..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/secret-santa-friends-t175929.html)

mcdaniel023 01-17-2012 03:41 AM

Secret Santa Friends.....

I miss you. So, tell me what you have been up to. Charlee, Dreamer, Grannof6, lindyline, Sharon, Tink's mom and well, all of you.

Tink's Mom 01-19-2012 10:53 AM

I'm here!!! I'm not on as much right now...computer troubles. Hubby is building me a new one, but...I will get it in his sweet time.
Tink is snuggling in her new quilt and matching pillowcase. I posted a pic when I made it.
DDIL is starting to show...so exciting! Can't wait till baby arrives!!!
Otherwise....just surviving Midwest Winter...yuck...

Charlee 01-19-2012 11:07 AM

I been busy lookin' for Dreamer and Lindy...they bin hidin' from me!! :( No one told me we were playing hide-n-seek!

I will probably be going to California soon...my sister passed away on Monday in Ohio, and her ashes will be scattered in La Jolla on the reservation where she met her husband. Won't know much more until they finalize the arrangements.

I have been trying to get some projects done so that I can actually sit down and sew...so many projects, so little time!

annthreecats 01-20-2012 06:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your sister, Charlee.

Love your avatar. That's an awesome picture

Hi everyone. I'm still around. Just finished up my needle book/case exchange. Which was fun. I made a bow tuck purse and I'm getting ready to start my first lap quilt to give away at my family reunion in July. Went on ebay the other day and bid on a pretty Singer 15-91 and won it for $50.00, don't ask what the shipping was. I will have it by the end of the month.

Charlee 01-20-2012 07:20 AM

The bowtuck purses are fun, aren't they Ann? I need to make myself another one... thanks for the compliment, and for the condolences.

annthreecats 01-20-2012 08:22 AM

I loved making the purse, but I love using it even more. I think it's the perfect purse for me. I love how soft the handles are with the fusible fleece in them. It's so comfortable to carry. I will definitely make more in the future.

mcdaniel023 01-20-2012 03:20 PM

Charlee,
I am sorry to hear about your sister. Hugs!
I love making purses, bags, totes and have made several bowtucks. I want to figure how to put a zipper in one.
Hi Ann!

mcdaniel023 01-20-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 4890326)
I'm here!!! I'm not on as much right now...computer troubles. Hubby is building me a new one, but...I will get it in his sweet time.
Tink is snuggling in her new quilt and matching pillowcase. I posted a pic when I made it.
DDIL is starting to show...so exciting! Can't wait till baby arrives!!!
Otherwise....just surviving Midwest Winter...yuck...

I bet Tink doesn't want to leave that quilt today. This weather is awful.
I am so happy for you, Grandma to be.

sharon b 01-20-2012 03:28 PM

Charlee !!! I hardly recognized you , nice pic :thumbup:

I am buried in swaps , shame on me :o and doing mystery quilts LOL I did the New Years day mystery, now we are scouting out a Super Bowl one, doing a mystery quilt in my quilt group that meets every Wednesday , trying to get caught up on the Boomerang blocks , signed up for Deb Watkins block swap , lets see what else OH YEA... trying to stay out of trouble :) I think it might be working , maybe

dreamer2009 04-05-2012 01:32 PM

Hi Everyone :)
I just found this.
Charlee sending you special (hugs)