Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Shop Hop Disappointment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shop-hop-disappointment-t192080.html)

mltquilt 06-18-2012 04:53 AM

Shop Hop Disappointment

Was so excited, I finally won something from the online shop hop. Went to the link to redeem the $10 gift certificate and found that it was a place to get bookmarks, luggage tags, etc. paper products with quilt blocks, etc. printed on them. Also had $5.00 shipping. Not what I was hoping for. Would have paid shipping and probably bought extra if it had been fabric. On well, guess there is always next time.

mltquilt

Sandra-P 06-18-2012 07:42 AM

Hopefully next time you can get a store with fabric. I won a $10 one this time and spent over $50 at the shop.

Quiltaddict 06-18-2012 10:01 AM

I know how you feel. Last time I won $10 to a shop that just sold rulers. I don't need any rulers and they were all expensive so didn't use my prize. Hope we both have better luck next time.

suzanprincess 06-19-2012 06:25 AM

I got one to a store that had fabric, but it was ALL dull, boring and ugly (to me, anyway), plus $5.95 shipping, so I ended up not using it at all. Another time I ordered a bag of scraps, and was amazed at how little was in it, and how tiny the pieces were, and only one or two I actually liked. On the other hand I've won a couple $10 coupons that took me shopping in places I would not have gone normally, and found several things I'd seen nowhere else, and bought. The fun and mystery of fab-shop-hopping, I guess. I'm still addicted to doing it!

Lori S 06-19-2012 07:02 AM

What a dissapointment. Here you were so excited and then the big let down. Granted $10 is not alot .. but it got your expectations of really winning something! So sorry you got let down like this.

Peckish 06-19-2012 07:16 AM

This is why I quit doing the online shop hops. First of all, it took way too much time - I'd rather be quilting. Secondly, I thought the prizes were rather chintzy. Third, I got a TON of junk email after that. Fortunately I had used a junk email address that is separate from my main address. It's just not worth it.

craftymatt2 06-19-2012 07:17 AM

Every month for the past year or so, i have won 10.00 gift certificate, one month i also won 4 yds of white on white fabric, its fun wondering what you will win

Venice 06-20-2012 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by mltquilt (Post 5297506)
Was so excited, I finally won something from the online shop hop. Went to the link to redeem the $10 gift certificate and found that it was a place to get bookmarks, luggage tags, etc. paper products with quilt blocks, etc. printed on them. Also had $5.00 shipping. Not what I was hoping for. Would have paid shipping and probably bought extra if it had been fabric. On well, guess there is always next time.

mltquilt

I won a $10 gift certificate as well and they didn't have anything that was useful to me. No thread! I am not sure I understand why that site would be on a quilting shop hop.

Debra Mc 06-20-2012 06:18 AM

I too have won the certificates. Only used one time. I did win a $25.00 pack of fabric. White on white. Usually is all they ever send. Have friend that has won many times & that is all she ever got was the white pack. Another friend on here got a lovely pack of colors. Just never know.

Halfsquare 06-20-2012 07:39 AM

Are you guys talking about the fabshophop? Where you find the bunny?