Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So Sad :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-sad-t131362.html)

brookemarie19 06-18-2011 04:03 AM

I put in an order to Connecting Threads (as I have done many times), but one of the fabrics I ordered they apparently ran out of. I went online to see what I could use in replacement and I found something. The sad part is that I would now have to pay more in shipping for the actual fabric because they shipped the rest of my order without seeing if I would like something else instead. I bought this all for a particular quilt and would like everything to match, so I don't know... should I order the extras and pay for the shipping, or see if I can find something else to go with locally when the order arrives?

hairquilt 06-18-2011 04:07 AM

I did the same thing but I did get an email telling me they were out of 3 of the fabrics I ordered. Their prices were so good I can see them selling out quickly. The ones I ordered were $3.59 yd. They will let you buy 1/2 yd also-thats what I like!!

greenini 06-18-2011 04:59 AM

From what I hear about CT's customer service, I would call them and talk to them about it. It seems very likely they would not charge you postage on the fabric, but either way, you have nothing to lose but a little time to try asking. :wink:

Jan in VA 06-18-2011 05:00 AM

Oh, go for ordering it. Compared to the cost of regular price plus tax to buy locally, you'll probably still be better off with CT and more shipping.

Jan in VA

MimiLinda 06-18-2011 05:02 AM

I agree with Greenini, I would call them and explain the situation. I feel sure they would work with you. It never hurts to ask.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-18-2011 06:02 AM

Since they ran out of what you ordered I'm sure they will send it with free shipping. Their customer service is marvelous. Give them a call and explain. Very nice people to work with.

Tink's Mom 06-18-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
From what I hear about CT's customer service, I would call them and talk to them about it. It seems very likely they would not charge you postage on the fabric, but either way, you have nothing to lose but a little time to try asking. :wink:

They usually will email you if there is a problem...just call, they are very good with Customer Service..

SharBear 06-18-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by greenini

Agree - I love their customer service!

nativetexan 06-18-2011 06:54 AM

call or email them now!! they will work with you.

brookemarie19 06-18-2011 04:23 PM

Thank you guys so much for your help. I emailed them and now have my replacement fabric on the way!!