Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This was so sweet I just had to share. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-sweet-i-just-had-share-t181686.html)

LMB 03-04-2012 10:31 PM

This was so sweet I just had to share.

During a visit from my daughter and grandson I commented on my old sewing machine. I said "Like me, the old girl doesn't work well any more and I think it is time to put her down and get a new one" The next day my daughter and grandson appeared at my door unexspected. When I opened the door, my grandson ran and grabbed my legs and started crying. "OH Grandma, I dont want them to put you down, I dont want no new grandma."
I looked at my daughter in shock and she said, "he was so upset I had to bring him over. he heard us talking about your sewing machine." I scooped him up in my arms and dried his tears and promised. Honey, I will Always be your grandma, and I have no intentions of being put down. HONEST" He frowned at me a little then in a tiny little voice said "Honest?"
"Absolutely! I said in my best assured voice.
"Goodie" he shouted... you got cookies?"

Dont you just love them?

This was a post I read on FB and I really didnt know if I should laugh or cry... think I did both.

par4theday 03-04-2012 10:47 PM

We just don't know how,what we say, will be taken by a child, when we make our comments. They are funny, and I just love what cute things they say. My grand daughter got upset while her parents were having an argument, and Her mother left, and then her dad went after her. She thought that they were not coming back. So she called me, and I promised if they didn't come home by dark, I would come and get her. Just a 10 hour drive. Well both grampa and I got her settled down and she hung up. Then the phone rang again and she said. " Grandma if they do come home will you come and get me anyway.

jeank 03-05-2012 05:34 AM

Poor child. I bet he has lost a pet and they used that term. Need to reassure him that they dont do that to people.

I liked your story.

LMB 03-05-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by par4theday (Post 5032237)
We just don't know how,what we say, will be taken by a child, when we make our comments. They are funny, and I just love what cute things they say. My grand daughter got upset while her parents were having an argument, and Her mother left, and then her dad went after her. She thought that they were not coming back. So she called me, and I promised if they didn't come home by dark, I would come and get her. Just a 10 hour drive. Well both grampa and I got her settled down and she hung up. Then the phone rang again and she said. " Grandma if they do come home will you come and get me anyway.

AWWWWWW. How precious

mountain deb 03-06-2012 05:51 AM

Kids say the darndest things.

Caswews 03-06-2012 06:34 AM

Like the old Art Linkletter show: Kids say the darndest things ! Thanks for sharing

mary j 03-06-2012 09:38 AM

When my husband had his heart attack several years ago (he was lucky and survived). Our little Great (around 3 years old) nephew who liked to fish with him heard his mom and dad talking about it and sadly said
No more bobbers!

nms 03-06-2012 09:42 AM

how very sweet!!! you are loved gramma!!!!:)

solstice3 03-06-2012 09:47 AM

Thanks for sharing

solstice3 03-06-2012 09:57 AM

Thanks for sharing