Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Social Studies Post Card Project...HELP please. (Updated) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/social-studies-post-card-project-help-please-updated-t114345.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-07-2011 03:01 PM

Hi there! My son's Kindergarten class is doing a social studies project, and they need a post card from every state including a bit of info about the state.
If you would be willing to send a post card to their class, they will return one to you if you add your return address.

Send me a PM if you are interested, and I will give you the address.

STATES NEEDED: (other countries OK, too!!)
Montana
Wyoming
Utah
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Iowa
Indiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
Maryland
Connecticut
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Vermont
Hawaii

Thanks in advance!!!

moonwork42029 04-07-2011 03:06 PM

good luck to them... I see they already have Kentucky

huggabug123 04-07-2011 03:10 PM

I can get you from Colorado and I know my mom will send one from Arkansas. Just let me know and I will get them sent out ASAP.

My daughter's class did this as well. They took a huge map of the states and hung it on the blackboard. As the cards came in, they taped them to the map according to the state the card belong to. It was really neat to see when the last card came in and they were lucky enough to get all 50. I hope your kiddos class is just as lucky.

Marion Jean 04-07-2011 03:44 PM

North Carolina here - I see you don't need one from my state, but this is a great project. Good luck!

Magoosmom 04-07-2011 04:12 PM

I can get you one from New Mexico.

redkimba 04-07-2011 04:24 PM

I didn't see Texas on the list; am I just that blind or do you already have this one?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-07-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
good luck to them... I see they already have Kentucky

thank you!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-07-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by huggabug123
I can get you from Colorado and I know my mom will send one from Arkansas. Just let me know and I will get them sent out ASAP.

My daughter's class did this as well. They took a huge map of the states and hung it on the blackboard. As the cards came in, they taped them to the map according to the state the card belong to. It was really neat to see when the last card came in and they were lucky enough to get all 50. I hope your kiddos class is just as lucky.

Thank you very much!
Colorado and Arkansas!
I'll send you a PM with the address.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-07-2011 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marion Jean
North Carolina here - I see you don't need one from my state, but this is a great project. Good luck!

Thank you!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-07-2011 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Magoosmom
I can get you one from New Mexico.

Thank you. PM on its way.