Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some days that man can make me see 10 shades of red!/...vent! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-days-man-can-make-me-see-10-shades-red-vent-t50736.html)

ginnie6 06-21-2010 05:34 PM

I admit it...he does. I guess its just a good thing it doesn't happen often. DD21 has been having some headaches...ones that have her rolling on the bed in tears. I'm thinking migraines. BIG family history of them on my side. My mother, one of my sisters, and my niece have them. he insists that it is sinus and as soon as I walked out of the room he called his mother and his sister to see if they agreed with him. grrr. Once his sister said it could be migraines THEN he said maybe so. and yes he knows I'm ticked at him. He still insists that otc things like tylenol will help and it does no good to tell him we've tried that already. I know what the problem is.....my mother turns into a stark raving crazy person when she has a migraine and he's afraid dd will be the same. That and since we talked about me the other night I am suddenly incapable of knowing whats going on.

franie 06-21-2010 05:35 PM

Migraines! Need quiet! No smells! No light! I would often get sick with mine. Good news menopause cured me!

ginnie6 06-21-2010 05:37 PM

she's laying down in the coolest room of the hosue in the dark and I sent the younger kids to bed so it would be quiet.

sharon b 06-21-2010 05:43 PM

Caffeine... and a heating pad on the forehead or neck.. or cold towels ( everyone is different)

Be sure and check with a doc just to make sure that is what is going on

saf45 06-21-2010 05:48 PM

i agree with franie,but she should see a dr,they are not fun,

JJs 06-21-2010 05:49 PM

what does the doctor say?
I had migraines really bad (knife stabbing in my temple, sick, etc) and dr ran all kinds of tests to make sure it was "just" migraine

marsye 06-21-2010 05:51 PM

I have one ever now and then....I put my head on the heating pad on low and it gets rid of it!

Tink's Mom 06-21-2010 05:54 PM

Take her to the Dr.,please....Migraines are horrid, but not knowing for sure what is causing it is not good. I worked with a young lady that had horrid migraines everyday...only it wasn't just a migraine...this girl had a tumor. PLease get it checked out...

mrspete 06-21-2010 05:56 PM

My poor daughter has them and begin when she was five years old. Her precious daughter did the same. My maw inlaw, ditto. It's a curse, mee-trip-toe-leen or any of the other drugs do not stop it, just dulls the edge of the blade. They've had scans and tests......still. I pray for an end to that horrible difficulty for everyone. Blessings to all of you, Ruth

sewgull 06-21-2010 05:56 PM

Ice pack works for me. OTC stuff does not work, take her to a doctor or chricoprator. Chiropractor is first place
I go.