Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Somedays I it just doesn't pay to get up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/somedays-i-just-doesnt-pay-get-up-t200843.html)

Stitchit123 09-19-2012 07:16 AM

Has your routine got you in a rut...Shake things up a bit. (this was an old catsup commercial) And a good laugh helps clean your spirit.. And have you ever noticed these things never happen at home when your alone???

Caswews 09-19-2012 07:16 AM

Ohmy goodness .. that sounds like a day I would have and I would be laughing so hard at my own expense .. OMgoodness .. I am going to check all the caps before I shake ! Thanks for the umm "advice" LOL

Wanabee Quiltin 09-19-2012 08:57 AM

Thank you, I sure needed a good laugh today. Go out and enjoy this beautiful fall weather.

Sewnoma 09-19-2012 09:14 AM

Oh how funny! This happened to my husband with a ketchup bottle recently. He was in a really bad mood at the time too (work related), and as soon as it went flying (fortunately mostly on the table, but also got his face & hair pretty good) I just stopped and looked at him, waiting for the explosion. He just stared back at me and then burst out laughing! The absurdity of it all broke him out of his bad mood, and he still had to finish his work day smelling like a diner. Gotta love a guy who laughs at disaster!

PenniF 09-19-2012 11:31 AM

I must just say ... i don't have much sympathy for people who are having "one of those days"....
as i have recently come to believe that i'm having "one of those lifetimes" !!!!!!! ;)

ctipton 09-19-2012 01:25 PM

Well I guess i would just go home and get under the bed

marymay 09-20-2012 04:10 AM

Now that was some day you had.Sad but funny at the same time. You can always laugh at yourself.Get out of bed start a new day. It should be fun.We only live once. Have a wonderful day.

karate lady 09-20-2012 05:19 AM

I was having lunch at a Red Lobster place and when the waitress went to pour me a glass of water, the ice shifted and It came out in a gush and in my plate and lap. She was almost in tears, and I was laughing fit to be tied. Anyway I finally convinced the poor girl it was an accident and not her fault. They offered me a new plate of food, but since I had already eaten all I could, I just smiled and declined. Sometimes laughing at yourself is the only way to go. LOL...

Ramona Byrd 09-20-2012 06:55 PM

It doesn't pay to get out of bed sometimes

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Sorry you're day got messed up but glad you took it with humor. Everyone is too serious these days.[/QUOTE]
================================================== ================
Everyone has days like this. I remember..in sharp detail how I'd been primping for a hospital volunteer picture
we were planning. I was sitting at the luncheon table and feeling pretty sharp when the volunteer across from me opened a packet of mayonnaise and for whatever reason, it spurted across the table right on my freshly ironed pink smock!! And in an expression of horror, she jumped back, bringing her food tray onto HER lap and spreading her soup
all over herself. Then in trying to help her a neighbor tried to wipe it up with her napkin and dumped her own glass of
tea in HER lap...since we were too old to cry we decided to burst out laughing. We did go on to have our pictures taken, but we three elected to stand in the back rows!!!!! From the necks up we were perfectly groomed, with pretty smiles and all the damage hidden from the camera's view.

nycbgirl 09-20-2012 10:08 PM

The other day I went thru the drive thru at McDonalds and ran over a ketchup packet and I got squirted!! as well as my car door and a few spots inside. I was shocked!