Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Something I got a kick out of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/something-i-got-kick-out-t22687.html)

jacquemoe 07-12-2009 07:11 AM

My son, 38 yrs old, has watched me with my machine and seen all the quilts I've made and quilted as he comes over quite often. He is the big macho type and never wanted to play with my machine. Yesterday, when he came over, he started telling me that when he was watching a TV show, he noticed the quilt on the bed in the show and the quilting design that was used. He was trying to explain the design to me. Who would have guessed??????...............only becuase I'm always shoving them in his face to look at. :lol:

Lacelady 07-12-2009 07:59 AM

What a nice surprise - you didn't think he had it in him, did you?

Marcia 07-12-2009 08:00 AM

I still find it funny when the men in my life have an opinion about my quilts. My husband is very supportive of my quilting habit and looks at my completed blocks and quilts with a lot of interest---but when he starts offering advice, it cracks me up!!!!

I am in the process of making a quilt for my youngest son. He gave me a blue paint sample from his bedroom and asked me to make a quilt to "go with" it. After a lot of emails and discussions we finally decided on a color palette, (green, blue and brown) and a pattern that he liked. I began making blocks and when he came over the next time he decided that it had too much brown and green and he wanted it to be mostly blue. It took a lot of talking on my part to convince him that if the quilt is the same color as his walls that you would not notice anything in his room but blue. He finally decided that I am the quilter and maybe I know more about it that he does--he is going to trust my judgment on this one.

Yes, Jackie---I can just hear your son talking quilts with you!!!

Knot Sew 07-12-2009 08:06 AM

The well rounded man has many interests and listens when others talk and therfore can respond intellegently :D your lucky

tlrnhi 07-12-2009 08:11 AM

Mine will point out quilts that he sees in shows/movies. lol

jacquemoe 07-12-2009 09:25 AM

Isn't that cute that the men in our lives takes an interest in what we do. My DH is always interested and offers advice. He is extremely supportive. He can draw quite well so sometimes I'll have him draw a design for me. Marcia, he drew the clouds in your quilt for me :lol:

Boston1954 07-12-2009 09:53 AM

Maybe someday he will want to sew and then you will be pushed off the chair.

littlehud 07-12-2009 05:18 PM

My girls will never be quilters, or get anywhere near a sewing machine, but they love to go with me to the fabric store and find fabric for their next quilt. It made my day when I found out my DD was telling everyone she works with about the wonderful quilts I have made her. They may never quilt but they appreciate them.

Marcia 07-12-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Isn't that cute that the men in our lives takes an interest in what we do. My DH is always interested and offers advice. He is extremely supportive. He can draw quite well so sometimes I'll have him draw a design for me. Marcia, he drew the clouds in your quilt for me :lol:

That is so neat to know!!! I will have to point them out to people and tell them that! I have had Pete draws things for me for quilts too!!

ScubaK 07-12-2009 07:13 PM

Ruth,
I am going to have to quote you one this...
K