Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spoiled (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spoiled-t156530.html)

quiltmau 09-28-2011 10:24 AM

DH just ordered me to buy the new Amazon Flame!! It is a pre-order but golly gee whiz!! He saw it and told me to get it as it would be easier to work from for my quilting designs.
Is this guy a keeper or what??

Am I spoiled or am I spoiled!!?

This on top of his okaying the new Baby Lock Symphony and Brother embroider machine!!

Since I retired, my income has dropped to almost nothing, so he supplements my hobbies-and I feel so guilty as he has none!!

kountrykreation 09-28-2011 10:28 AM

drop the guilt! maybe his hobby is making you happy?

jaciqltznok 09-28-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmau
DH just ordered me to buy the new Amazon Flame!! It is a pre-order but golly gee whiz!! He saw it and told me to get it as it would be easier to work from for my quilting designs.
Is this guy a keeper or what??

Am I spoiled or am I spoiled!!?

This on top of his okaying the new Baby Lock Symphony and Brother embroider machine!!

Since I retired, my income has dropped to almost nothing, so he supplements my hobbies-and I feel so guilty as he has none!!

wow...you must his fave HOBBY

quiltmau 09-28-2011 10:53 AM

could be-he does worry-very Italian-

feline fanatic 09-28-2011 11:12 AM

Parden my techno ignorance but what exactly is an Amazon Flame? I tried googling and got nothing but hits with the words Amazon and Flame but nothing with that specific name.

quiltmau 09-28-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Parden my techno ignorance but what exactly is an Amazon Flame? I tried googling and got nothing but hits with the words Amazon and Flame but nothing with that specific name.

my error-was so excited that I used flame instead of fire--it is the new tablet from Amazon

quiltsRfun 09-28-2011 02:22 PM

Maybe he goes by the rule

If Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Jan in VA 09-28-2011 02:39 PM

STOP!!
You do know you can't do this, right?! I mean, we just had that big, long, well-discussed topic last week about DHs who "allow" us to do things, or who try to order us around!! You can"t let him get away with this; I'm sorry, but someone's DH might be reading this!!

No, indeed. Step away from the keyboard. Back away from the phone. Put your hands on your hips, pick up your iron skillet, and tell him he's not telling YOU what to do!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jan in VA

quiltmau 09-28-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
STOP!!
You do know you can't do this, right?! I mean, we just had that big, long, well-discussed topic last week about DHs who "allow" us to do things, or who try to order us around!! You can"t let him get away with this; I'm sorry, but someone's DH might be reading this!!

No, indeed. Step away from the keyboard. Back away from the phone. Put your hands on your hips, pick up your iron skillet, and tell him he's not telling YOU what to do!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Jan in VA

but-but -but then I would have to return the machines and the fabric and the new Amazon Fire-whine, whine--can't I just let him tell me to do stuff I like!???

:shock: :roll: