Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   spring in the northwoods (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-northwoods-t218418.html)

wolph33 04-06-2013 02:46 PM

spring in the northwoods

I saw my friend Chippy for the first time this year.she was been with us 3 yrs now and has babies every spring.she is so much fun to watch hoarding all summer.she made my day-woo hoo

Jan in VA 04-06-2013 02:50 PM

Sweet! And Chippy is a....?

Jan in VA

wolph33 04-06-2013 02:52 PM

chipmunk a cutie

Tartan 04-06-2013 03:58 PM

Sweet! Isn't it funny how you get attached to the little wild critters you see?

Pinkiris 04-06-2013 05:02 PM

We've been watching a squirrel that comes to clean up after the birds under our feeder. The other day, the squirrel had a huge piece of fur missing from it's shoulder and it looked like something had tried to skin him. Anyway, he looked like he was healing yesterday. I was glad to see that. Guess it just wasn't time for him to be a hawk's lunch!

Elise1 04-06-2013 05:08 PM

My kitties and I love watching the wildlife.

The male and female mallard ducks just returned to our pond as they do each spring. They make me happy. :)

Monroe 04-06-2013 05:44 PM

As much as I love Spring babies- I have a grey squirrel that dug a hole into the eaves of my house this year! Need to wait til the newborn babes move out and put up a new piece of wood. Grrrr.

Anniedeb 04-06-2013 09:42 PM

Today was our first "chippy" sighting too! Only here he's referred to as Mr. chippy! He was scavaging underneath the bird feeder. (We only refer to Mr. Chippy...never Mrs.!!) Waiting for the the others to show...we usually have 2-3 at a time.

Jan in VA 04-07-2013 12:36 AM

This reminds me of the years in Keller, TX, when we had 3 squirrels that we recognized from their appearance and their personalities. They fed on the deck railing from a 12" potting saucer.
One we called BB because he was a male with the biggest....well, cajones.....we'd ever seen on a squirrel! I constantly worried he's "strip" himself jumping from tree to tree.:eek: :o
Another was Big Mama because she was the bossiest, I-take-over-and-get-served-first-at-the-dish squirrel int he pack. All others backed off and allowed her to "reign".
And the last was Little Bit. We didn't know the first year that maybe this squirrel was just a miniature, but he returned the 2nd year still little and curious and lively as a 'toddler.

We so enjoyed those silly creatures! They would come sit at the dish and chatter until we came out and filled it again if it was empty; and finally BB would eat out of my DH hand as long as he was quiet, slow to approach, and gentle.

Jan in VA

QM 04-07-2013 01:53 AM

We don't have to own our furry friends to enjoy them. The hummingbirds used to come to the window and watch our Amazon parrots (those are the green ones pictured on pirates' shoulders). We kept guessing what the hummers thought of our parrots. The same hummers used to knock on my sewing room window if the feeder ran dry.