Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   still snowing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/still-snowing-t85130.html)

mrspete 12-25-2010 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
12-25-10 started snowing about 11:30 AM (wasn't expected until 5 PM ) It is 4:49 PM and still snowing. What do they know?

That's my sugar honey, loves to play in the snow!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147759[/ATTACH]

annieshane 12-25-2010 01:50 PM

I live about 50 miles south of Raleigh and we are still waiting on snow or rain or sleet, then expecting 3-4 inches before ending. We have so many varying predictions, just waiting to see what develops. Good reason to stay in and sew all weekend.

amma 12-25-2010 01:54 PM

Looks so pretty, glad that DH is enjoying it :D:D:D

jodimae 12-25-2010 01:55 PM

Mrspete...tell your sugar honey to put some gloves on!! Love the snow pic. We are in middle Ga. so we probably want see any.

Momma_K 12-25-2010 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started around 6 AM here in Soddy Daisy, outside of Chattanooga.

I miss the stuff! So pretty!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147762[/ATTACH]

jrhboxers 12-25-2010 02:15 PM

A little after 5p and no precep yet. We are in the band that they are saying should be 8-12". YIKES! It has already been an unusaly snowy year here and now this. I guess they wanted to sack us one more time before we move.

DH and I are used to it - lived thefirst 40 years in Indiana. The problem is the other people in the county that don't know how to handle it.

Everyone stay safe - remember there are rescue/fire crews that have to go out after you so think before you leave. You are putting more than just your life on the line.

Momma_K 12-25-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
A little after 5p and no precep yet. We are in the band that they are saying should be 8-12". YIKES! It has already been an unusaly snowy year here and now this. I guess they wanted to sack us one more time before we move.

DH and I are used to it - lived thefirst 40 years in Indiana. The problem is the other people in the county that don't know how to handle it.

Everyone stay safe - remember there are rescue/fire crews that have to go out after you so think before you leave. You are putting more than just your life on the line.

Good thinking!! I never looked at it like that before!! Glad I'm not going anywhere tonight or tomorrow! Stay Safe All!
:-P

merry 12-25-2010 02:55 PM

We have an inch & still snowing, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

fidgety 12-25-2010 03:05 PM

Woke up this morning to flurries and then it stopped. Started snowing again about 5 pm. Not sure if that big storm will hit us or not...

littlehud 12-25-2010 03:17 PM

We are getting little or nothing here. That's OK. It 's better than last year when we were buried in snow for Christmas.